home made cold air kit

hi_po_heads

Established Member
lets see pics of what everyone has. and the parts it took to make it.
i was able to put the filter on my air meter and remove the big stock bell. not sure that it will make much difference so i was curious what everyone else had!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I would be careful about home made intakes. Half the time your probably losing power. There is a K&N kit that comes with an open element filter that fits on the stock air intake tube and a shield that surrounds the filter. I think it's only like $100 and you know it was at least designed for your car.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-2523-2

Last edited:

hi_po_heads

Established Member
that is exactly what mine is like escept i dont have the clamp i used screws. i had the k&n in the stock air box and that is what i reused

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Do you still have that MAF to TB elbow hose for sale? How much or where can I buy that smooth piece at?

You mean, the [elbow hose going from the 4" tube to the Throttle Body]??

If so, you need something like a 68*-70* elbow.

I bought a 90* and had to cut it.

http://intakehoses.com/

If you are looking for the silver MAF to Air Filter adapter, it's like $20-25 bucks at your local Pep-Boys.

If you want the elbow, the 4" ABS tube with the grommet and the nozzle (no SC sticker, took that right off after the photos), plus the 4" to 3.5" silicone reducer plus the hose clamps, I can send them out to ya for $40 shipped. (BTW, I paid about $30-35 bucks for just the silicone reducer since it was a special order piece)

Last edited:

jbracefan1977

Established Member
I would be careful about home made intakes. Half the time your probably losing power. There is a K&N kit that comes with an open element filter that fits on the stock air intake tube and a shield that surrounds the filter. I think it's only like $100 and you know it was at least designed for your car.

57-2523-2 - K&N 57 Series FIPK, Performance Intake Kit

I have the same K&N also and love it, I could have found it a little cheaper on ebay, but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it at here. K&N 57-2523-2, or you can try one of the vendors on the forum here, you can usually find a good deal that way as well. This was very easy to install and I love it.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread