home car lifts, lets see them.

oldmodman

Established Member
I still regret not getting one when they were on sale a couple of years ago.

$1899.00, free shipping and NO TAX!

Now they are all up around $2100.00, plus tax and shipping:whine:

I already have a four post lift in my driveway.
But the Maxjack would let me drop engines out the bottom. Plus it is easier to use than the four post for suspension and brake work.

Plus, since it is portable I could install the bolt sleeves in friends garages and loan it out.

Driver500

Established Member
maxjax doesn't seem to lift the car high enough. I'm 6' and it would suck to install a lift and still not be able to walk under the car. I can duck a little, but that looks more like you'd be on your knees or on a roll around to work on anything.

BossAnaki

Established Member
You pretty much have to sit in a shop chair with wheels to work on a car, but it beats working on your back.

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
You pretty much have to sit in a shop chair with wheels to work on a car, but it beats working on your back.

I have a maxjax an I am 6'6.... Yes, you can't walk under it, but sitting on a chair is hella better than the back....

Lift is quick and easy to use.. toughest part was drilling the concrete.....

d41599c3.jpg

ac38ff37.jpg

8a01387d.jpg

e731229e.jpg

868c8225.jpg

SVTDSM

Established Member
maxjax doesn't seem to lift the car high enough. I'm 6' and it would suck to install a lift and still not be able to walk under the car. I can duck a little, but that looks more like you'd be on your knees or on a roll around to work on anything.

Most garages have 8 to 10 foot ceilings, so standing under the car really isn't an option no matter how tall you are. I'll get one, soon as i buy a house.

yuke175

Established Member
seems like being crouched over under that small lift would be almost worse than no lift at all

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah being hunched over is so bad for your back. once i get out of the army and buy a house im gonna build a purpose built garage it a 2 post lift, compressor, my toolbox, etc. i cant friggin wait!

Users who are viewing this thread