Holy crap what a difference

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I had the resonators cut out and the clutch helper spring removed. The car sounds so freaking good you just can't help put want to drive it to hear it.

That spring f*cks up the clutch feel completely. Once removed it actually feels like a clutch without the artificial softness and vagueness as it comes from the factory. Just do it it is night and day better....................Steve

Pics of the resonator delete my shop did an amazing job and only charged me 88 buck for custom fabricated SS replacements welded in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0895.JPG
    IMG_0895.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
It is but I do a lot of business with them and we have a good relationship but I don't think it should cost over 150 in general. Took the guy 30 minutes max but he is damned good at what he does......Steve

krt22

Established Member
I will be going to the same shop that did the deletes on my GT, was also around $100. Only thing that worried me about this one was how close the 2 pipes were, did he have to drop the mid pipes or just welded in place?

Saleen_1977

Established Member
I had the resonators cut out and the clutch helper spring removed. The car sounds so freaking good you just can't help put want to drive it to hear it.

That spring f*cks up the clutch feel completely. Once removed it actually feels like a clutch without the artificial softness and vagueness as it comes from the factory. Just do it it is night and day better....................Steve

Pics to follow on the resonator delete my shop did an amazing job and only charged me 88 buck for custom fabricated SS replacements welded in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it difficult to remove the clutch spring?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Doesn't removing the helper spring make depressing the clutch pedal harder? Add that to an aggressive aftermarket clutch and it would probably be like stepping on a rock. Am I mistaken?

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Doesn't removing the helper spring make depressing the clutch pedal harder? Add that to an aggressive aftermarket clutch and it would probably be like stepping on a rock. Am I mistaken?

Actually the helper spring makes the clutch so artificial and hard to drive its just wrong with it.

Without it the clutch feel just right and it it is not heavy at all it now feels like a clutch should with a smooth linear action.

Trust me I have been driving manuals for almost 40 years.......Steve

krt22

Established Member
Weird indeed, and youd think with a twin disk they wouldnt need much assistance anyway.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The Focus ST guys remove them but they started having issues with it sinking down towards the floor overnight. The remedy was to put in a lighter spring from HD that gave it a much more natural feel than stock, but didn't have the sinking pedal issues.

Yetitime

Established Member
I would suspect it could be removed, tried and drove for a bit then put back to really see the difference. Has anyone that has removed it actually reinstalled it?

krt22

Established Member
No bad, true straight through design. The ones I cut out of my GT necked down quite a bit

bretlasalle

Established Member
I would suspect it could be removed, tried and drove for a bit then put back to really see the difference. Has anyone that has removed it actually reinstalled it?

There was a post on mustang6g, "Well guys I put mine back in as the pedal wasn't going all the way back up. Maybe by a millimeter but it bothered me so I put it back in. It wasn't a tremendously huge difference but I did have more clutch feel with it out. There are bigger problems in the world..."

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39717&highlight=clutch+spring&page=3

Users who are viewing this thread