Holy crap, awesome wheels

RyMac

Established Member
18 X 10.5 and weigh 8 lbs. :eek: :loser:

CF and magnesium, they are a pretty penny but one day who knows. And they are 'twice as strong as a Z06 wheel' for whatever that means. :rockon:

cf1.jpg

cf2.jpg

cf4.jpg

cf5.jpg

Curt W said:
I am Curt W and I own the company that produces the carbon wheels....they only weight 8 lbs and are constructed with a carbon fiber barrel with Mag. Spokes. We so far in the last 2 days have sold over 40 sets. and are at least a 6 week wait. The wheels are full D.O.T. and are rated @ 5000Lbs. each. some have said something about failer and I will be the first to say that if the go it will be nasty, however if the go the wheels hit ssomething that hard the car would be totaled from the impact. These wheels have proven to be twice as strong as the Z06 wheels and impact rating exceeded the testing capability of the testing lab. we sent the lab 100 wheels of which ZERO failed any of the test. We also sent 100 Z06 wheels to have the same test ran they had a 63% failure rating. The testing of the carbon wheels went beyond all of the DOT testing for a alloy wheel.... alloy wheels are required to pass 2.5 million cycles, Our wheels were required to pass 5 million cycles due to the new technology.

RyMac

Established Member
o3Cobra777 said:
any photo shops?

i dno if they'd look that good on cars.
but a neat idea

They can make them more attractive as the they develop more. I just think that the idea is amazing and reducing that much rotational mass is amazing.

96cobrakid

Established Member
They are custom wheels, you can order them with whatever spoke design you want. Ill let Curt know there is another post on here about them, I have a picture of them on an 03 Cobra ;)

EDIT: I just spoke with him, he's gonna check in here :pop:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe it's me but those wheels on the Caddy just don't seem to go with it. The CF wheels are very interesting. I'd love to see how they look on the Ford GT.

MachSpeed

Established Member
So far we know of 18 cars that will use our wheels this year at SEMA. Including some Full carbon Lamborghini's

MachSpeed

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Maybe it's me but those wheels on the Caddy just don't seem to go with it. The CF wheels are very interesting. I'd love to see how they look on the Ford GT.
The carbon color they picked would not be my first pick however they wanted them to be noticed, so they picked a darker carbon color

Users who are viewing this thread