Holmes & Watson

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Honestly, I'm normally not.
I think some people try hard not to laugh and say things aren't funny when in reality it is.
this is true ... but not laughing at wf is not such an occasion. i watched several of his movies and found him to be eye rolling stupid and def. not funny.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
no hate on this either. I liked two of his movies Liar Liar, and Bruce Almighty the rest was pretty much too will farrellish

What about Ace Ventura??!!!??!!!! that was pretty much the movie that started all these shenanigan comedy movies

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Just read an article about how many people are walking out of this. It is basically one joke ("Wouldnt it be funny if _____ happened in the Victorian era?!) over and over again. Sounds retarded.....

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What about Ace Ventura??!!!??!!!! that was pretty much the movie that started all these shenanigan comedy movies

Not really though. There were 10s of them before Ace Ventura came along.
3 Amigos
Pink Panther movies
The Jerk
Animal House (pretty much all the Nation Lampoon's movies)
Most Rodney Dangerfield movies
3 Stooges
Abbott and Costello
Etc etc etc.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If you dont think The Other Guys is funny then I dont know what to say. Given Will Ferrel is not the funniest character in the movie imo, but he does add a lot of humor. I think that is one of the funniest movies he's been in but most of the funny parts go to Mark Whalberg's part and then the part where The Rock and Samuel L Jackson jump off the building lol.

joshcarp81

Established Member
How about the captains TLC references?
Or the bit with Eva Mendes' grandma going back and forth telling each one what the other said!
There is definitely more than one type of humor. My stepdad use to watch who's line is it anyway with us and would barely chuckle while my mom and i would be rolling. Yet he would watch an episode of the Simpsons and would laugh the entire time. Dont get me wrong some of the Simpsons stuff was funny.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
How about the captains TLC references?
Or the bit with Eva Mendes' grandma going back and forth telling each one what the other said!
There is definitely more than one type of humor. My stepdad use to watch who's line is it anyway with us and would barely chuckle while my mom and i would be rolling. Yet he would watch an episode of the Simpsons and would laugh the entire time. Dont get me wrong some of the Simpsons stuff was funny.

I've never found The Simpsons funny whatsoever, but South Park and Archer is some of the funniest shows on tv to me.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
When I was kid I loved the Simpsons, but not so much a fan now. Archer and SP are hysterical.

South Park to me is not just stupid humor like it appears at face value. The way they create satire and insult current social trends is genius, and a lot of the viewers probably dont even realize it.

1slo5ohh

Established Member
Sooo has anyone actually seen it? Was supposed to see it Tuesday but have been sick all week.

Users who are viewing this thread