Hmmm, got a question...?

Pacman

Established Member
Now I've noticed with my new cobra, the car drives a lot differently than other cars. I've driven other sticks before, but not too many. This one seems like you have to get if it a little bit of gas when you are in first and you have to let go of the clutch really slowly. If you let go of the clutch too and don't give it enough gas it seems to stall out very quick... Is this normal? It just seems to me you will be burning up the clutch if you have to let go of the clutch so slowly.

I'm guessing I just have to get used to the trans and get better at my footwork.

My dad has had many cars in the past with manuals and he's stalled this Cobra out 6 times when first getting into the car. He really likes it, but it just handles differently than his past cars he says.

And the previous owner even said this car is different than his past mustangs, you have to give it a little more gas than other sticks so you don't stall out.

It's 04 stock cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All makes/models are different as far as how they shift. The stock clutch is pretty stiff which is why it might feel that way. Drive it for a few days and get used to it, and I think you'll see it is fine. I see it is stock. When you toss on a few mods (intake, exhaust, pulley, tune) your eyes are going to bulge. It becomes a whole different car. Enjoy!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
The King Cobra clutch that I installed in my 90 GT compared to my 04 Cobra's clutch is different as night and day. The Cobra's clutch is just a lot faster to engage and does so at a higher grip rate. It took some getting used to but I really love it. With mine I just barely have to let the clutch out and its engaged. With the King Cobra in the GT it hooks up differently at different engine speeds. et al...the faster the revs the harder it hooks.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
This is the first car that i have owned that is stick and i don't have a issue with stalling. What do you mean it stalls out if you let off the clutch to fast??? Your giving it gas right???

Pacman

Established Member
SicStang03 said:
This is the first car that i have owned that is stick and i don't have a issue with stalling. What do you mean it stalls out if you let off the clutch to fast??? Your giving it gas right???

Yes, I'm giving it gas. I'm really starting to get use to it now. I've talked to a few people and a lot of them said each car is different.

Really love the feel of the car!

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Pacman said:
Yes, I'm giving it gas. I'm really starting to get use to it now. I've talked to a few people and a lot of them said each car is different.

Really love the feel of the car!

LOL.. just making sure:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread