Hmmm... can anyone help me figure out what gears I have??

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
What I'm hoping for here is that someone else will have a similar setup and can tell me what gear I have.

I have the stock Borg Warner t45, 275/40z17 tires, and I am doing 3000 rpm's at exactly 70 mph in fifth. The car generally runs 13.3ish with upper 104's. It's best is a 12.9 at 106.1. My only power adding mods when it was at the track are an offroad hpipe, a Flowmaster catback, and a K&N filter.

I figure it's anywhere from a 3.73 to a 4.30. :D Quite a wide berth I know. rofl Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Put a mark on your driveshaft and one on your tire. Then count the revolutions your driveshaft makes for one complete turn of your tire.
4.3 turns on your driveshaft to one turn on your tire gives you a 4.3:1 ratio

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
sounds like 4.88s to me, but thats a huge gear. Maybe your speedo calibration is of.

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
quadcammer said:
sounds like 4.88s to me, but thats a huge gear. Maybe your speedo calibration is of.

Well, that would explain how a near stock car managed to run a 12, that never made sense to me. :lol: Either that or I'm just a good driver. :lol:

I'm gonna try Cobra04's idea to confirm for sure. :thumbsup:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
i think motive and richmond do. not sure about yukon and some of those other brands. I'd be more willing to bet that his speedo is a good bit off and he actually has either 4.30s or 4.56s.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
quadcam said:
I generally start in second, skip to fourth, then at about 40 grab fifth. :D
Have you spun the driveshaft yet?

The gear calculator says I have 4.30s. However, turning a wheel only results in 4.1 driveshaft revolutions.

Last edited:

BooRail85

Banned
quadcam said:
Well, that would explain how a near stock car managed to run a 12, that never made sense to me. :lol: Either that or I'm just a good driver. :lol:

I'm gonna try Cobra04's idea to confirm for sure. :thumbsup:

no, that is about right.. if you have steep gears and drag radials, all you need is light boltons to do 12's..

Users who are viewing this thread