Hm..almost got expensive.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If you watch the video and compare that corner to previous laps...

I'm really starting to dislike people in general haha I would be just as happy, or happier, renting out a track for a half day by myself and just going for 3 or 4 hours and enjoying myself.

I hear that. Lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you watch the video and compare that corner to previous laps...when I started sliding up towards the apron I was still fighting in, but when the rear end finally kicked loose, I just stood on the brakes and clutch. There was a car behind me a little ways that I had just passed and the last thing I wanted to do was whip back into the middle of the track and get whacked.

I'm really starting to dislike people in general haha I would be just as happy, or happier, renting out a track for a half day by myself and just going for 3 or 4 hours and enjoying myself.
Uh...

I know a few guys in Colorado who would be down for sharing the track with you lol.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Uh...

I know a few guys in Colorado who would be down for sharing the track with you lol.

I know a few guys in Colorado that need to sign up for the NASA event in November...

upload_2017-9-15_11-22-10.png

Track days can easily become the worst day of your cars life. Glad you saved it

Completely agree. Got lucky!

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Glad you made it out whole. The ass end of a Viper can creep up on you quickly without much warning. Been there...done that...almost had to buy new underwear as well.

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
I just did another SCCA Track Night on the 12th. It was a bit more of a shit show than usual. Otherwise, because of the simplicity and cost of the events, I'm not sure I'd be getting off my lazy butt to get out there.

Nothing particularly exciting happened for me during my runs, it was just other people with weird behavior, weird flagging stuff, cars getting towed off etc. I really wish I had the full 2nd session on video as it would've been fun to look back and see that STI was driving like he was drunk. Almost looked like he was purposely driving off the racing line. Also, would go slow, then fast, and then slow. Or white smoke plumes from his front brakes. Just a laundry list of weird happenings.

Again though, overall I've been happy enough with them. I can't really blame event organizers for people sucking at life. One of the events I went to a few months ago had two or three accidents. One was a E36 that went off on that front straight crest and slid along the grass all the way up to the trees on the infield (ever heard of warming up your tires first?). Another was an STI and BRZ/FRS collision out of that first turn.

*I'm also running R888s*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread