Hm..almost got expensive.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can't believe I haven't seen that particular product before, hate to admit that. I love that video with the telemetry, sold!
The 360 is badass as well... strongly considering it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Debris in my pants!!! Lmfao! Had me there.

Good save. Great save actually.

I did something similar with my mothers 6 month old corvette in my early 20s on the street... hopped the curb after taking a right hander too hot and she got away from me.

$20k in repairs and 6 months later and she got her "new" vette back.

Oops!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I might do that. Let me see what I can get a 360 for.

Garmin is 10 min from me and I know people who work there = discount...

Great save! I'm planning to be at Heartland Park drags on Sept 22. Think you could bring something out for a few passes against my MKS?

MFE

Established Member
Yowza. I bet there's a permanent crease in your seat cushion LOL. Goddamn that was close, but damned if you didn't do the right thing once it went sideways, just standing on the brakes til it was stopped.

That was my home track for years, I probably have 2000 laps on it. PM me if you want to shave about 3 seconds off your clean lap times :D

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice save! And BTW, I didn't know you were in KS Nick, cool!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I'm actually from Missouri, it's about 1.5 hours to Heartland for me.
Garmin is 10 min from me and I know people who work there = discount...

Great save! I'm planning to be at Heartland Park drags on Sept 22. Think you could bring something out for a few passes against my MKS?
Unfortunately I'll be out of town. I've always wanted to see what my ACR will do in the 1/4, I'll have to give it a go sometime.
Yowza. I bet there's a permanent crease in your seat cushion LOL. Goddamn that was close, but damned if you didn't do the right thing once it went sideways, just standing on the brakes til it was stopped.

That was my home track for years, I probably have 2000 laps on it. PM me if you want to shave about 3 seconds off your clean lap times :D
I'll definitely pm you. I'll be back out there in November.

I hate when they setup turns 1 and 2 like this video, I'm a bigger fan of the faster 1/2. Also, they changed the chicane last fall when they replaced everything so it's a bit different as well.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Very close call. Its like the car just said "**** you, Im done!"....

Glad you made out ok.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Hopefully the Oh shit stain smell in the Viper dissipates by tomorrow. I'd hate to smell that at cars and coffee.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very close call. Its like the car just said "**** you, Im done!"....

Glad you made out ok.

It definitely gave me a reminder to check my tire pressures more closely. As soon as it started I thought "(1) oh shit!, (2) I'm an idiot for not checking the pressures".

Hopefully the Oh shit stain smell in the Viper dissipates by tomorrow. I'd hate to smell that at cars and coffee.

It's in the garage airing out. I don't go to Cars and Coffee, I'm not a big fan of the 'normal' car show people.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It definitely gave me a reminder to check my tire pressures more closely. As soon as it started I thought "(1) oh shit!, (2) I'm an idiot for not checking the pressures".

It's in the garage airing out. I don't go to Cars and Coffee, I'm not a big fan of the 'normal' car show people.

When it happened? Did you try to fight the slide or did you let the car do it's thing?

A friend of mine was driving his explorer and found himself hitting a patch of black ice.... as he started sliding out he turned to look at the passenger riding shot-gun and just threw his hands up in the air... thought it was funny as hell.

I hate to admit it but I just dont find myself racing and hanging out, other than the occasional C&C. I also dislike the normal "car show" people but I still like to look at cars. Years back, I would find myself racing at minimum, once a week. Now, Im just hard parking. SMH. Damn it...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When it happened? Did you try to fight the slide or did you let the car do it's thing?

A friend of mine was driving his explorer and found himself hitting a patch of black ice.... as he started sliding out he turned to look at the passenger riding shot-gun and just threw his hands up in the air... thought it was funny as hell.

I hate to admit it but I just dont find myself racing and hanging out, other than the occasional C&C. I also dislike the normal "car show" people but I still like to look at cars. Years back, I would find myself racing at minimum, once a week. Now, Im just hard parking. SMH. Damn it...

If you watch the video and compare that corner to previous laps...when I started sliding up towards the apron I was still fighting in, but when the rear end finally kicked loose, I just stood on the brakes and clutch. There was a car behind me a little ways that I had just passed and the last thing I wanted to do was whip back into the middle of the track and get whacked.

I'm really starting to dislike people in general haha I would be just as happy, or happier, renting out a track for a half day by myself and just going for 3 or 4 hours and enjoying myself.

Users who are viewing this thread