Hitchhiking stories. Got any?

Machdup1

Established Member
There was this one time Earth got destroyed, but my buddy got us a lift on one of the ships that was on the demolition job. There was some bad poetry, saw a bit of the galaxy, met some mice, and eventually came back to the replacement Earth. Which was built thanks to the Dolphins. But they didn't come back. A marine biologist got all depressed about that.
Did they at least thank us for the fish.

CV355

_
Established Member
2008, my '00 GT's ECM crapped out and I got towed to a garage. The owner said he had spare ECMs and could get me running in about an hour. Turns out my '00 was a Commifornia edition and it required the overpriced gender-fluid ECM which had some stupid long leadtime. So, I'm sitting there with no ride and this drunk dude wanders over and starts talking to me about cars. It was interesting to say the least. So after about 6 hours of waiting and seeing if the shop had any tricks up their sleeves, this dude goes "buddy *hic* I'll give ya a ride home buddy man don'choo worry 'bout it man I gotcha." Uh, are you sure there pal?

An hour later his girlfriend shows up, he gets in the car, lays down on the back seat and sort of passes out mumbling how I'm his best friend or something (I had friends?). His girlfriend is obviously ticked, but looks over at me and reluctantly asks if I need a ride and where I live."

Not quite hitch-hiking, but a strange, eventful day nonetheless.

2010, buddy/room-mate of mine has his Mustang break down on the highway. Tow truck comes out, drive says "$100 for the car, another $50 if you wanna ride back." Guy was a real jerk. My buddy says screw it, he'll walk. The driver scratched and cracked the front bumper while unloading it at the garage and refused to do anything about it. Turns out the tow truck driver lived right down the hill from the house we were renting, but he didn't know it- we could literally stand on the front porch and see the top of his roof 20' away. So, we took all of the expired food from the refrigerator and threw it on the dude's roof- we're talking eggs, fish, ham, cheese, all sorts of really nasty stuff. That night, a whole crapload of feral cats went up there (back of roof was near ground level on the hill) and killed each other. It was a mess. Heard the dude swearing about how "all these damn cats dragging garbage on his roof." Oh well.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
There was this one time Earth got destroyed, but my buddy got us a lift on one of the ships that was on the demolition job. There was some bad poetry, saw a bit of the galaxy, met some mice, and eventually came back to the replacement Earth. Which was built thanks to the Dolphins. But they didn't come back. A marine biologist got all depressed about that.
Love that movie

CV355

_
Established Member

That story just ends in all tears, I just know it

Users who are viewing this thread