Hitchhiking stories. Got any?

VegasMichael

Established Member
First time I hitched was in Rochester, NY where I grew up. I think I was like 7 and only did it as an experiment. Didn't need to go anywhere. A few cars pulled over and asked where I was going but I laughed and said I'm okay. When we moved to suburban Chicago me and some dudes hitched a few times during the summer and got rides from women who dropped us where we wanted to go. (Boy, I miss those days where everyone trusted each other and nothing bad happened.) Moved to Philly and hitched a few times in my teens and 20s to get to the mall or karate practice. Never had a problem. Had a lady pick me up who insisted on singing Johnny Mathis songs the whole time. Another guy who was queer but got nowhere with me and another dude who had like a month of dirty clothes in his car and was on his way to the laundromat. When I was stationed with the Navy in Washington state I was driving my GN and this hot ass blonde had her thumb, ass, and teats stuck out so I picked her up. Immediately she wanted me to go back to her place but I figured there were like three dudes there waiting to take my wallet, car keys, and life so I declined and dropped her at her place.
So you got any stories?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I used to hitchhike a lot back in the day when I lived in the D.C Area. but that was back before the whole area was a shit hole

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Creepshow had a good story about hitchhiking back in the late 80's.
dbc7d833e5c4a4335e6f19eb829cf738.jpg

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
My dad passed a hitch hiker and the guy flipped the bird after he went by. My dad spun his Catalina around and tried to run him over.

My parents friend's son picked up two women hitching. They murdered him and stole his car. It was a big story around Delaware in the 80s.

I wouldn't do it and I definitely wouldn't pick anyone up.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
A good recent one, my half senile 89 year old grandfather kept getting drunk at a bar. Police would pick him up or he would fall and end up in the ER. My family was really impressed with how far he was walking to get to the bar. Eventually we found out he was hitchhiking, people would see this old man walking around in the freezing cold and stop to see if he needed help or ride.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I was driving I-80 across Ohio years ago in a nasty snow,sleet, freezing rain, and passed a van on the side of the road. Couple miles up the road there was a guy just walking, not hitching, carrying a gas can. Thought what the hell, pulled over and gave him a ride. Turns out he owned the custom motorcycle shop in Kalamazoo that was two blocks from where I had grown up. Next spring when I was cleaning out the car I found a $50 stuffed in the seat.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
About 25 years ago when I was 17 I picked up this chick that was hitchhiking in Bordentown NJ at around midnight. I gave her a ride to Trenton. On the way there she started rubbing my leg so I went to an empty lot and let her give me a hummer. After I finished I was disgusted and told her to get out. She was like 35-40 yo, it was my #metoo moment.

blk02edge

Established Member
we get all the dirty french canadian hippys from back east to come pick fruit in the summers and their main mode of transportation is hitchhiking and when you drive past them they flip you off... Thinking of buying a fire truck with a water tank and hosing them in the face as I go by

Thats my hitchhiking story..

Zemedici

Established Member
we get all the dirty french canadian hippys from back east to come pick fruit in the summers and their main mode of transportation is hitchhiking and when you drive past them they flip you off... Thinking of buying a fire truck with a water tank and hosing them in the face as I go by

Thats my hitchhiking story..

Just train horn em, much cheaper

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Had a couple of loons try to jump into thr back of my truck before.

Machdup1

Established Member
In 1985 I was going from LA to San Diego to party with a friend at SDSU and I was at a light getting ready to jump on the 5 and dude walks up to my passenger window and asks if he could catch a ride south..

I let him jump in and he starts telling me how he just got out of hospital because he picked up some disease in jungles of Mexico trying to find weed to smuggle into the US because he was a major dealer.

I figured he was full of shit until I went to drop him off at a bar and three hardcore looking guys came over and opened the door for him and started showing respect. He told me to come back that night and party with them for doing him a solid.

Users who are viewing this thread