Hit with Super Speeder in Georgia - Lawyer Advice

Macman756

Established Member
Just got a super speeder ticket on I85 in Georgia, speed limit was 70MPH, traffic flow was about 85-90 (three lane section near the AL border) and my radar detector never went off. GSP hit me instantly with a 98mph in a 70MPH, didn't mark on the ticket how he came up with that number but I'm not arguing it's inaccurate, I was speeding.

My question is on lawyer information, I have a perfect driving record with no points (old speeding ticket was dismissed with fee and traffic school).

I'm prepared to pay, just don't want insurance hikes or points.

Did a little googling and found Troy P. Hendrick. Anyone have any specific advice for lawyers?

Thanks!!

jbs$

Established Member
Lawyer up - do not just pay. The lawyer that you want is the Judge's brother or the equivlent. Call a local Banker and find out who is connected? Remember, here you are not looking for justice, you are looking for mercy, there is a big difference.

CV355

_
Established Member
I can't offer advice, but I do know I85 through SC/Georgia quite well. You're not kidding about the 85-90 flow. Sorry you got tagged for a tax bonus :(

Good luck!

Zemedici

Established Member
How often do you get tickets? If not very often just plead NOLO (basically admitting guilt) - no points go on your record, you just pay the fines. Hope this helps. It'd be cheaper than a lawyer.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm not familiar with that specific statue, but there's a good chance it's a criminal offense. Do not just pay it. Get a lawyer and go to court. Your first step should be to stop making public admissions of guilt. There's a guy sitting in prison for homicide for posting things like that here.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't know the local statues, but I think its pretty consistent everywhere that 25+ over the speed limit is a criminal offense. Lawyer up and get it reduced.

CV355

_
Established Member
I'm not familiar with that specific statue, but there's a good chance it's a criminal offense. Do not just pay it. Get a lawyer and go to court. Your first step should be to stop making public admissions of guilt. There's a guy sitting in prison for homicide for posting things like that here.

Good advice ^

As for the last line- is that something that really happened on here?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member

You believe the absence of posts would have kept him out of jail for that? Assuming we're talking about CRV crash.

OT, but today while driving slightly under the speed limit I stopped to help a turtle cross the road.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You believe the absence of posts would have kept him out of jail for that? Assuming we're talking about CRV crash.

OT, but today while driving slightly under the speed limit I stopped to help a turtle cross the road.

Out of jail, no. However, they may have had to pursue a lesser charge without them. His posts probably doubled his sentence. That said, he deserved every day he got.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Out of jail, no. However, they may have had to pursue a lesser charge without them. His posts probably doubled his sentence. That said, he deserved every day he got.

I'd agree.
I remember it well. I remember the news talking about his online post.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I don't know what its like down in the southern states. But, ive never heard anyone getting a lawyer for a speeding ticket...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I don't know what its like down in the southern states. But, ive never heard anyone getting a lawyer for a speeding ticket...

Ever heard of someone retaining a lawyer to defend them from a misdemeanor criminal summons? That's what this is. Even though he was not taken to jail and processed, he was arrested during the stop.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Ever heard of someone retaining a lawyer to defend them from a misdemeanor criminal summons? That's what this is. Even though he was not taken to jail and processed, he was arrested during the stop.

ooh interesting. I got a ticket for 90 in a 30. If I didn't get another ticket for a year they would wave the fine. Which I didn't so I never had to pay.

Dusten

Established Member
I don't know the local statues, but I think its pretty consistent everywhere that 25+ over the speed limit is a criminal offense. Lawyer up and get it reduced.
Depends on the state. Washington's is intent vice actual speed irt to criminal charges
Link?
I've had a lawyer cover me multiple times. I have had one dismissed, one deferred and one reduced to a non moving violation. All citations were 15+ over the limit

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
ooh interesting. I got a ticket for 90 in a 30. If I didn't get another ticket for a year they would wave the fine. Which I didn't so I never had to pay.

That much over the limit in Virginia would land you AT LEAST 10 days in jail.

Users who are viewing this thread