Hit a Curb!!

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Dude! Let the dealer do it! They're gonna be in there replacing everything anyway. They're going to be ordering parts anyway. Let them do it! Trust me, I had a dealership use a ton of aftermarket parts that I wanted, they just have to order it. I don't think they'll have a problem with it, just ask them.

The problem is insurance will only cover replacement and I don't have the money to spend...that $500 I'm saving is key for me right now.

Give me a couple more months and I will start building the Cobra up...I promise :burnout:

My94GT

Established Member
stock for now since it's at a dealership...I do plan to upgrade in the rear end at some point, money is a little tight for a few more months though.

I will, however, be glad to accept donations

you should pull it out the shop and spend 1200 and buy parts yourself and pay someone to install. you could have a very nice built rear for that much

edit- if if im not mistaken you can take the 1200 and do as you please just if you have anymore damage there would be no way to get a supplement check from the ins. comp

Last edited:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
you should pull it out the shop and spend 1200 and buy parts yourself and pay someone to install. you could have a very nice built rear for that much

edit- if if im not mistaken you can take the 1200 and do as you please just if you have anymore damage there would be no way to get a supplement check from the ins. comp

Yeah I could...I am kind of in a rush as the car is a DD (for a few more months!) and didn't feel like going through the hassle.

No worries guys, it will be built...I promise.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
update:

Dealership can't find OEM wheel...neither can I...:nonono:Stuck at the dealership until I can find one it appears. Anyone know a site that still sells them? I've used up everything that I know, nothing on ebay currently either.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
just get an aftermarket one

lol again i'm having the same problem...I would just upgrade all 4 rims but i REALLY don't have the $..I suppose if i have too i'll get a 98 since that's what i want to upgrade too but that's my last resort...my car will look pretty goofy for a while.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
i have extras. but they have road rash preaty bad. is your old one bent so bad you cant drive on it ? just till you find a new one?

Yeah it also chipped where the tire sits bad enough that the tire won't sit back on it 100%.

How bad are your old ones? Capable of getting a picture up? I'm not too picky this will only make me upgrade the wheels sooner :)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If I were you, I'd buy a replacement wheel elsewhere. Ford will charge about $400 for the wheel!

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
you can have the rim, just pay shipping, its preaty beat but not bent!
rim3.jpg
[/IMG]
rim.jpg
[/IMG]
rim2.jpg
[/IMG]
rim2.jpg
[/IMG]

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Oh my god so you're never gonna believe this...

I call them last Friday to get the 411 on 98 rims...guy tells me he ordered them but won't know if he gets them until TUESDAY...whatever...I tell my stepdad who's more pissed than I am I think who calls the manager and wants to know what's going on...guy says he'll look into it and get back to him. He calls back, says it WILL be here Tuesday.

So guess what? Guy calls me to tell me he can't them LOL. I'm literally laughing on the phone...this is a joke. So I'm gonna have to order the wheels today or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow) and wait for them to come in, which is what I wanted to do Friday so they could be in this week.

These guys are crazy if they think I'm not getting some money off for all this nonsense. Car is about to be in the shop for a MONTH over an axle and a wheel...completely unacceptable.

If you're in Orlando, do not take your car to Greenway Ford.

More updates soon....

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread