hit 11's

2002BOSS

Established Member
Went to a grudge day and hit the magic number.

It was warm out and my IAT's were thro the roof but the car laid down a 11.42 @ 122 with a 1.69 60 foot.

The car started pulling timing on the top end, need to figure out what happened to the inter cooling system. I normally don't go over 140 it was warm out but not that warm and thats with the ice box and a 45 min cool down.

I pulled the cat back and gained 2 mph. Car went ritch but that can be cleaned up. I m thinking about redoing the exhaust.. The roush kit with the side pipes is killing it..

I think I'm on my way to a 10.999 tho lol.

Its a Ported eaton, 3 inch upper 4lbs lower, Mid lengh headers, solid axil with 3.73's stock tranny and clutch 28 11.5 15 ET drags. only a 3500 launch for now..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zCu2LIWzSE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]Grudge day - YouTube[/nomedia]

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yeah you broke intot he 11's alright. Broke right past an 11.50 and congratulations.

2002BOSS

Established Member
Yeah you broke intot he 11's alright. Broke right past an 11.50 and congratulations.

Ya lol.. not bad for the first time lol. When I launch it on slicks the pump stops working.. its still on but its not pumping for about 20 seconds. Figured it out today.. It was on, I launched it infront of the shop and it stopped pumping 20 seconds, it was still on tho:shrug:. I ll have to figure it out I guess.

Few more bugs and I ll be back out soon! I need to give it more shit on the launch too. 3500 seems a bit light.

Posi, you have the only eaton only vert in the 10's? If so what was your best time? Just curious. If thats the case I would love to be the only other eaton only vert in the 10's lol

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
10.78 with the 6spd but it had 10.60's in it with some great air. With some great air and the auto it's went a 10.51 with like a 1.48 60'.

Gotta watch the weather and when the weather is great you need to be racing. My wife knows racing is like when the Bucks come into Rut. If the weather is that good I'm going racing lol.

2002BOSS

Established Member
10.78 with the 6spd but it had 10.60's in it with some great air. With some great air and the auto it's went a 10.51 with like a 1.48 60'.

Gotta watch the weather and when the weather is great you need to be racing. My wife knows racing is like when the Bucks come into Rut. If the weather is that good I'm going racing lol.

Cooler air helps a million. last night would have been perfect here lol. Car felt like it had 50 more pony's under the hood.

I'm sure on a cold day she has 10's in it. What a bummer on that I/c pump. At the track I had no idea. When I brought the car up the track and checked the tank it was working so I had no idea what was wrong but i didnt want to push it too hard after seeing the data log push the temps to 160 even a couple pull's on the dyno after the highway on a stupid hot day it only went to 114.

I ll be back out there soon, I need to build a 2.8 pulley and redo the "H" pipe then tune it again. If it all works and hooks next time I m gonna try a 4500 Dump also. Hopefully I can get here into the 1.5 60'. Its getting there. Last dyno still makes no sense tho. 460 rwhp yet I blow by cobra's with 500. I think the dyno was off that day to say the least.

But hey, if theres only one vert in the 10's eaton only I ll be happy with a 10.999 lol:rockon:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Cooler air helps a million. last night would have been perfect here lol. Car felt like it had 50 more pony's under the hood.

I'm sure on a cold day she has 10's in it. What a bummer on that I/c pump. At the track I had no idea. When I brought the car up the track and checked the tank it was working so I had no idea what was wrong but i didnt want to push it too hard after seeing the data log push the temps to 160 even a couple pull's on the dyno after the highway on a stupid hot day it only went to 114.

I ll be back out there soon, I need to build a 2.8 pulley and redo the "H" pipe then tune it again. If it all works and hooks next time I m gonna try a 4500 Dump also. Hopefully I can get here into the 1.5 60'. Its getting there. Last dyno still makes no sense tho. 460 rwhp yet I blow by cobra's with 500. I think the dyno was off that day to say the least.

But hey, if theres only one vert in the 10's eaton only I ll be happy with a 10.999 lol:rockon:

500 HP Cobras my have been on a Dynojet..also you may have great traction?

justinschmidt1

Established Member
500 HP Cobras my have been on a Dynojet..also you may have great traction?

Lol..my car makes less than 400 and ive blown past 500 hp cobras....

doesnt matter how much power youve got, other things slow you down....if you cant drive, have terrible tires, and weigh 4000 lbs.

2002BOSS

Established Member
Well here is an update. Went to the track with a fixed I/c pump but only got 2 runs. Also didn't ice the tank between runs. First run launched at 4000 and grany shifted. Got another 1.69 60 foot and hit 100mph in the 1/8 finally but only managed a 11.2 @ 124 (new best tho). Second run launched at 4500, bit a 1.600 60' but missed 4th real bad :( to a 11.3 @ 114 mph. Went back up and blew the tires off then smoked the clutch on the next run and called it a night. I ve had enough so I'm gonna try to get off my ass and get the 2.8, stock front springs back in, some Ice and race gas + race tune. No more pump gas for me. O. And a short thro shifter lol. I really wanna hit a 10 eaton only before the turbo's.

Users who are viewing this thread