Higher asking prices for Fiesta ST over Focus ST

RSA-Mustang

Established Member
I have been looking into getting one of these two cars to drive to and from work and given that I work and live in San Francisco where having a car is a nightmare itself, I was really into the Fiesta ST because of their size

Somewhat smaller and can get around the city a lot better, easier to fit into some of the smaller spaces. Learned from 6 years of owning a Mustang that smaller cars are better to live with only a daily basis.

So here is my question, over the past week I have noticed that asking prices for the Fiesta ST are much higher than for the Focus ST, same 2014 model and many Focus ST have far less miles than the Fiesta, I am mainly looking at used ones so I can stay under $20K

Is it just a Northern California thing or am I missing something? I have been on CL, Autotrader and a few local dealers and most have the Focus in the 18-19 range even saw one as low as 17K. Most Fiesta in that price range have higher miles

BladeX10

Established Member
Fiesta ST's have gotten very popular due to all the highly positive reviews the car has gotten. It seems like everyone has nothing but the best stuff to say about them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's all about the popularity of the Fiesta ST, like BladeX10 said. It just happens to be the more popular model right now. It seems to be high on the "raves" list.

Found this in an English car mag. "It’s all tight and taut and sharp, with so much more finesse than its rather blunt Focus ST big brother. Quite simply, the Fiesta ST is exciting and entertaining and engaging to drive. As I went home, flat-out again in the ST, you have to marvel at how Ford has delivered even more of a thrill, but for £8000 and 50bhp less with a simpler recipe. I’m beginning to wonder: is this an all-time classic? Perhaps the ride is a little more nuggety at low speeds than I recall from the first launch cars, but elsewhere its talents shine bright: it's got an urgent rush from the 1.6 turbo, brilliant body control and accurate, well weighted steering for that chuckability hot hatch drivers crave. It's still - for my money - the best small hot hatch money can buy."

Never_Enough

Established Member
How fast are they with bolt-ons & a good tune? I'd rather keep my Miata regardless. :-D

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
How fast are they with bolt-ons & a good tune? I'd rather keep my Miata regardless. :-D

I don't think that you can compare the two. A 4 door hatch with pretty decent balance of handling and power with shitloads more versatility. My Fiesta ST arrives sometime this month. It'll be a ton cheaper to mod over my GT500, and some are getting close to 280-300whp with a different turbo, downpipe, intake and tune. There is one running low 12s in the 1/4.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Ive driven both and am close to buying a FOST. I spent the whole day driving around in a Fist doing errands and what not and just couldnt get into it. I really liked the Fost on the other hand

Never_Enough

Established Member
I don't think that you can compare the two. A 4 door hatch with pretty decent balance of handling and power with shitloads more versatility. My Fiesta ST arrives sometime this month. It'll be a ton cheaper to mod over my GT500, and some are getting close to 280-300whp with a different turbo, downpipe, intake and tune. There is one running low 12s in the 1/4.

I just simply meant based on the fact they are both small cars that can turn. For what they cost, I'd rather have a number of other cars. JMO

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
Somewhat smaller and can get around the city a lot better, easier to fit into some of the smaller spaces. Learned from 6 years of owning a Mustang that smaller cars are better to live with only a daily basis.

I might get the smaller parking spaces thing (at least slightly) but dont get the getting around the city better part. what parts of SF are hard to drive in a full size?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I might get the smaller parking spaces thing (at least slightly) but dont get the getting around the city better part. what parts of SF are hard to drive in a full size?

Lombard Street :D

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
$20k will buy you a nice boring economy commuter car.

Fist or Abarth and that's about it funwise. miata and frs for a little more.

not a whole lot to choose from and the Fist is the best bang for your buck in that segment imo.

i think a Fist would be great for the streets of SF where you have streets with tight corners and short blasts of speed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd choose a Fist over an Abarth for sure. For multiple reasons. Just a better "fun" economy car all around.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
FiST is amazing. I drove the FoST and was impressed but i went with one that i could save a little bit to buy my F150 at the end of this year. Both felt very similar to me with the FiST being more planted than the FoST.
One big downfall of the FiST is the air conditioning. The buttons are extremely sensitive and the settings are a bit odd when you first turn it on. No matter what the last setting was, the minute you turn it on to even low it blows at full blast. Then you have to turn it back down to whatever setting you like. Its a bit odd but wasnt a deal breaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread