High speed vibes after tubular k...

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
So im having a vibration issue directly after I put in a UPR tubular k with tubular control arms, coilover, cc plates whole 9 yards. K member is relatively quiet and rides nice other then a harsh vibration after about 80-85 mph. Im wondering what it could be. Usually I dont post a question like this but in this case im all googled out. Im thinking its possibly an issue with my pinion angle now, but I dont see to many posts with tubular k member and pinion angle problems. Car has same vibration no matter were my coilovers are set at. Front tires are 2 months old and balanced, (not the problem) & the vehicle was just aligned. No problems there either. I am running the OE front struts not that I believe that would cause the problem. This is just temporary for time being and there in good shape. Car has under 60k on the clock. Any ideas??? I can do most of the work on that car myself, but when it comes to pinion angle and how to adjust or check im clueless.

Red Stripe

Established Member
What are your alignment angles? Excessive caster will cause a "shimmy" in some cars. FYI my 2001 GT is lowered 1" all the way around with no adverse effects from the change in pinion angle...if the front struts are original, I would suspect them and your caster angles. How far did you lower the car overall???

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You say the forum is dead but you didn't answer any of the questions posed to you. You can't complain no one is helping when you won't respond to us.

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
You say the forum is dead but you didn't answer any of the questions posed to you. You can't complain no one is helping when you won't respond to us.

The only questions asked were already answered in my original post dude... READ, car was aligned within factory specs, not the issue. Car was also tested at different heights per the coil over settings. Same vibes at each setting. That is why my suspicion was pinion angle!

Users who are viewing this thread