High rpm, losing oil pressure??

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
Soo I finnaly got a new oil pressure sensor for my car, now that the gauge works I see when I reach about 4k rpms it will drop from about 75% to 40% of the gauge sweep, a buddy of mine told me that's very common with the mod motors but its fine they really all do that . Is this correct?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Soo I finnaly got a new oil pressure sensor for my car, now that the gauge works I see when I reach about 4k rpms it will drop from about 75% to 40% of the gauge sweep, a buddy of mine told me that's very common with the mod motors but its fine they really all do that . Is this correct?

It's not common, put a gauge on it.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Just a suggestion, put a mechanical gauge on the car and then observe the pressure values before you run the car hard again.

Last edited:

NC Mystic

Established Member
on a mechanical gauge the n/a cars should run 30-40lbs idle and 80-100 during wide open throttle, correct?

itSSlow98

Established Member
on a mechanical gauge the n/a cars should run 30-40lbs idle and 80-100 during wide open throttle, correct?

Likely wont see 30-40 at warm idle, I see 20-25 at idle and 40-50 cruising/up to 100 at wot. Rule of thumb is you want 10psi of oil pressure for every 1,000 rpms to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread