High rear end

brucesvt

Established Member
Hey guys don’t pay any attention to the headlights. Is there a way to bring my rear end down more. I have red eibachs, with lmr upper and lower control arms. I just wanted sitting lower and even with the front of possile
IMG_4547.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Boosted08

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports lower control arms with adjustable spring perch or maximum Motorsports coil overs. Either will get the job done.

boost88

Established Member
Yeah mines the same way. Doesn't really bother me though since I can actually get the jack under it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maximum Motorsports lower control arms with adjustable spring perch or maximum Motorsports coil overs. Either will get the job done.
I was just going to suggest coil-overs myself. Not the cheapest solution, but a good one for optimal adjustability.

brucesvt

Established Member
For now I am going to remove the isolators didn’t get a chance to do so this weekend. But if that doesn’t work then I’ll save up for coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
For now I am going to remove the isolators didn’t get a chance to do so this weekend. But if that doesn’t work then I’ll save up for coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Good planning. Cutting your springs would be a last ditch effort.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
The rear shouldn’t be sitting that much higher than the fronts if the springs were from the same Eibach kit. Was it a new kit or did you buy the springs used?

Are your spring isolators the factory rubber or have you upgraded to urethane? If you have upgraded, the urethane will add back at least a good 1/4” to the ride height. You can run no isolators, but if doing so you may feel or hear more NVH in the cabin, depending on your local road surfaces and condition of those roads.

When I had Eibachs on my prior 96 and current 94, the car sat almost even. When I changed out the Eibachs on my 94 to H&R’s, it sat a little lower than the Eibachs but still even keeled from front to rear.

Aside from the H&R springs, my 94’s suspension consists of the following components:

Rear:
Steeda boxed upper rear control arms
Hotchkis rear lowers
Stock rear sway bar
Bilstein rear shocks
Ford rubber spring isolators (did have ES urethane but went back to rubber)

Front:
Bilstein struts
Maximum Motorsports CC plates
Original 95 Cobra R front sway bar
03/04 Cobra A-arms
Energy suspension sway bar bushings and end links
Ford rubber isolators (did have ES urethane but went back to rubber)
Ford Motorsport strut tower brace

Here’s an image of my prior 96 on Eibachs and it too had similar other suspension components like my 94:
C6417EF5-E3A7-4886-BE19-24E2BD364319.jpeg

Here’s my 94:
3D03D31C-DFC7-4471-AFFD-672B0D8C315D.jpeg

Now the 96 was running on stock squared rims and rubber, while my 94 is sitting on staggered rims with non-stock rubber…. So obviously the tire to fender gaps will not be the same between the cars, even though the 94 is on H&R springs.

When looking at the above image of my 94, it looks like it is “raked”, but it’s not, it’s due to how the image was taken and the fact that the front and rear tire heights are different for their respective rim sizes. If looking at it from dead on at the side it sits level.

Last edited:

brucesvt

Established Member
Finally got to do some work with the car last night. Got all the required bolts out but one to take off the isolators as pictured.
But I did notice that the Cheap KYBs that’s I purchased when I first got the car might might the main culprit. And if that’s the case I need to save to purchase struts as well since they are the same brand.
65033262775__CB8586D5-19EF-4FE0-A44B-875EE0AD99A6.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread