High interest online savings account recommendations

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That PNC Bank high-yield savings at 3.5% is really good. Note that it isn't available in the states of High Yield Savings will no longer be available in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, NM and TX.

_Snake_

Established Member
Have to admit I'm disappointed that many financial institutions don't offer a high yield savings account if you're a Florida resident. I ended up going with Discover but it wasn't my first choice.

Anyone know why they do this?

VegasMichael

Established Member
Have to admit I'm disappointed that many financial institutions don't offer a high yield savings account if you're a Florida resident. I ended up going with Discover but it wasn't my first choice.

Anyone know why they do this?
You can't get an online account with a high yield savings account provider? Really?
Honestly, that doesn't sound right.

Edit: I did some research and was not aware you could be denied one depending on where you live. That's odd. Took this from bankrate.com:

PNC Bank savings overview​

PNC’s High Yield Savings account offers a competitive yield, and it doesn’t require a minimum opening deposit. The account isn’t tiered, and the minimum balance to start earning this APY is $1.

However, the account isn’t available in the 29 states where PNC offers branches, so not everyone will have access to the product. Customers who live in the states with PNC branches earn a much lower yield on its Standard Savings account.

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
You can't get an online account with a high yield savings account provider? Really?

Edit: I did some research and was not aware you could be denied one depending on where you live. That's odd. Took this from bankrate.com:

PNC’s High Yield Savings account offers a competitive yield, and it doesn’t require a minimum opening deposit. The account isn’t tiered, and the minimum balance to start earning this APY is $1.

However, the account isn’t available in the 29 states where PNC offers branches, so not everyone will have access to the product. Customers who live in the states with PNC branches earn a much lower yield on its Standard Savings account.
That’s exactly the kind of stuff I was finding also.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member

Maybe something changed. I have pnc branches all around me and they upgraded me to the high yield with out me asking.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Maybe something changed. I have pnc branches all around me and they upgraded me to the high yield with out me asking.
What rate are you getting?
I do know if you have a certain amount of money with a financial institution you get certain perks. I have an account with B of A and have enough with them that I don't pay any fees if I use non B of A ATM's and also get a higher savings rate from them than others with less.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Synchrony Bank just announced a 4.75% 19-month CD. Offer is good until 12/4/22.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
What rate are you getting?
I do know if you have a certain amount of money with a financial institution you get certain perks. I have an account with B of A and have enough with them that I don't pay any fees if I use non B of A ATM's and also get a higher savings rate from them than others with less.

3.5 APY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Does this capital one 360 saving account have a penalty if you need to withdraw at any given time? I searched but was having a hard time finding this.

mariusvt

Established Member
Does this capital one 360 saving account have a penalty if you need to withdraw at any given time? I searched but was having a hard time finding this.
We've never had an issue, can make withdrawals at any point with their 360 performance savings.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Sorry to resurrect this but was curious if anyone has a recommendation of another saving account like the capital one 360 savings account with a good APY that cant lose money so its not stock market based?

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
My bankers are finding short term CD's at around 5%.

One of them offered by Signature bank, of course.

Stay within the FDIC maximums.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sorry to resurrect this but was curious if anyone has a recommendation of another saving account like the capital one 360 savings account with a good APY that cant lose money so its not stock market based?

Wealthfront is currently at 4.05% APR on savings and it's FDIC insured. That's where I have my savings other than what I need for about 2 months of bill payments which i have with my local CU.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Synchrony Bank is now 4% for HYS accounts. I've enjoyed watching the rate go from 3.5% to 3.75% and now 4.0% since November.

Users who are viewing this thread