high idle after battery disconnect

natevegas

Established Member
This is a long shot but had to do some welding on the exhaust, so i disconnected the battery (both cables) and now the car has a high idle at moving speeds only , at start up the car idles maybe a little high but driving if i push the clutch in the car idles at 1800 rpm, feels like the car is always pushing. when completely stopped car idles at 1000 rpm, tuned to idle at 900 rpm. should the car go to 900 rpms with clutch pushed in at driving speeds? car has a kenne bell 2.2, 60 lb. inj. 2600 maf. boost a pump. tuned by lidio at alternative auto, he says car may take a little while to learn. i do not have a handheld tuner just sct tune. i have bad grammer sorry, just lookin for assurance, any knowlegable help is appreciated.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This is a long shot but had to do some welding on the exhaust, so i disconnected the battery (both cables) and now the car has a high idle at moving speeds only , at start up the car idles maybe a little high but driving if i push the clutch in the car idles at 1800 rpm, feels like the car is always pushing. when completely stopped car idles at 1000 rpm, tuned to idle at 900 rpm. should the car go to 900 rpms with clutch pushed in at driving speeds? car has a kenne bell 2.2, 60 lb. inj. 2600 maf. boost a pump. tuned by lidio at alternative auto, he says car may take a little while to learn. i do not have a handheld tuner just sct tune. i have bad grammer sorry, just lookin for assurance, any knowlegable help is appreciated.

The IAC gets dirty after a while and the PCM learns this and adjusts.

The disconnected battery bonked out all the learned strategies, including the adjustments to the dirty IAC.

Clean the IAC or wait for the drive cycles and the PCM to learn the dirty IAC adjustments.

natevegas

Established Member
hey jimmy, thanks alot, so you think the computer will adjust? i appreciate the input. love the terminator forums on svtp. let you know how it goes, hopefully it learns quick. hahah.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
hey jimmy, thanks alot, so you think the computer will adjust? i appreciate the input. love the terminator forums on svtp. let you know how it goes, hopefully it learns quick. hahah.

Yes I do but if you feel it's taking too long you can either clean it or replace it.

When you do either disconnect the battery again.

Users who are viewing this thread