High horsepower (let's say 700+) guys; do you ever regret it?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Oh, and there is no such thing as too much HP. There is always a reason for more.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I generally agree believe it or not. And if I had the funds to expunge myself from any tickets/arrests or didn't live a "normal" life, I'd rock 1,000+ horsepower cars all day, everyday. Lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
Agreed...in the hands of an adult.

Dude, go beat your chest somewhere else FFS. Besides my motorcycle wreck that was actually a suicide attempt (that only two members here know about, but now everyone does), I have a flawless driving record. One ticket in my car in September, but otherwise nothing. No wrecks.

Happy now?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Dude, go beat your chest somewhere else FFS. Besides my motorcycle wreck that was actually a suicide attempt (that only two members here know about, but now everyone does), I have a flawless driving record. One ticket in my car in September, but otherwise nothing. No wrecks.

Happy now?
You overestimate how much I care. I based my replies on your immaturity when it comes to making decisions. You're far enough away, that I won't know anyone you may hit and/or kill with your decisions.

CV355

_
Established Member
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Alpin+PA4

You won't be going WOT but I drive the GT500 in 20 degree weather without issue. The Alpin tires are very soft even in very cold weather.

I was/am still using the stock F1 SC G2s. If I wasn't selling the car, I'd have MT ET Streets on there.

And my unsolicited $0.02 on the argument that has been going on in this thread for the past few days... I'm more worried about the derelict driving the busted '90s Honda while texting on the highway than I am the guy that spent $40k+ on a 700+hp car. Statistically, there are more of the former, and they simply do not give a damn about anything.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I was/am still using the stock F1 SC G2s. If I wasn't selling the car, I'd have MT ET Streets on there.

And my unsolicited $0.02 on the argument that has been going on in this thread for the past few days... I'm more worried about the derelict driving the busted '90s Honda while texting on the highway than I am the guy that spent $40k+ on a 700+hp car. Statistically, there are more of the former, and they simply do not give a damn about anything.

He just wants something to cry about. Have you seen his avatar? I'm beginning to think that's an actual portrait. Just not sure if it was taken while posting here or if it's when he sees a high horsepower car on the streets. Your guess is as good as mine.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I regret the next weakest link is always right around the corner. Sometimes I regret being that guy....and break loose when I want to get traction. Crowds are safe...for now. Only 600 rwhp here though.

CV355

_
Established Member
He just wants something to cry about. Have you seen his avatar? I'm beginning to think that's an actual portrait. Just not sure if it was taken while posting here or if it's when he sees a high horsepower car on the streets. Your guess is as good as mine.

I see the validity of both sides of the argument.

Trying to turn it more constructive, his point is that too much power is unwieldy, and not everyone has the self control and discipline to avoid disaster. Best analogy is the motorcycle rookie that wants to start on a GSXR1000 because a v-twin 650 "isn't enough." Those people are out there, and we laugh at videos where they crash into crowds (shouldn't laugh, but we do).

I feel that most of us on this site are going to be responsible enough with our expensive toys to not eat crowds and kill people on the highway. I mentioned that my F1SCG2 turd-tires are scary dangerous. They are. I keep my foot out of the gas and I'm fine 99% of the time. I could drive cross-country on them. They're only scary when my expectation exceeds physics.

The last time I was on a drag strip was 10 years ago. I went sideways at 100mph because I thought my NT555Rs would be ok in late-October New-Hampshire weather.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Lol, you take issue whenever your poor decisions are pointed out, but by all means, continue deflecting.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
So if someone DDs their car that is "TOO MUCH POWER" or whatever that means and drives it when others think it's to cold or raining then they are immature morons? Even thought they have no issues with doing so?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

This is why I have a dedicated daily driver. While I enjoy driving my Cobra and CTS V, I would be a nervous wreck driving either of them daily. I can not control the actions of others, but I can certainly control my exposure/risk.

CV355

_
Established Member
This is why I have a dedicated daily driver. While I enjoy driving my Cobra and CTS V, I would be a nervous wreck driving either of them daily. I can not control the actions of others, but I can certainly control my exposure/risk.

Same. I'm not saying I couldn't DD my GT500, but some days I just don't "feel it." Some days I go to get on my motorcycle and something just tells me "no."

My trusty little Volvo has carted my butt around for 8 years now, across the country multiple times. Sun, rain, snow, ice, hail, it has seen it all.

Now, I know people who DD 700+hp cars, and they do it just fine. More power to them (no pun intended). I DD'd a fast car for a while, but garaged it during the winter months. It can be done, just takes more care and attention.

850SNCobra

Established Member
+1
This is what happened to me in my Cobra since I've been having to Daily it, except it was a dumbass AutoZone delivery driver who took my Cobra out. Going through the motions now and waiting on the insurance company to decide if they're gonna total the car.

Zemedici

Established Member
+1
This is what happened to me in my Cobra since I've been having to Daily it, except it was a dumbass AutoZone delivery driver who took my Cobra out. Going through the motions now and waiting on the insurance company to decide if they're gonna total the car.

Same song and dance for me. Mom tried to shoot the gap in front of my 03, didn’t make it....neither did my whipple or right heel Bone. Foot had to be surgically rebuilt and car was totaled. Broke the snout off my blower....

CV355

_
Established Member
+1

Almost every time I have a "near death experience," it involves some distracted moron...

I hope things work out well for you. I understand first hand how stressful those situations get.

Last edited:

slow poke

Established Member
Lol, at someone trying to police someone elses driving by calling them a dangerous kid.

Drive whatever you want, at whatever power level you want, however you want. There are police, laws, and civil/punitive damages as a deterrent.

Unless you are crazy wealthy, these cars cost a lot to the individual that own them, individuals that have a lot of money tied up in something tend not to set out to destroy that thing.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Same song and dance for me. Mom tried to shoot the gap in front of my 03, didn’t make it....neither did my whipple or right heel Bone. Foot had to be surgically rebuilt and car was totaled. Broke the snout off my blower....
Wow, so far I've been lucky to not have to go through any surgery yet. Hope you're all healed up! What'd you replace your 03' with or did you keep it and rebuild?
Almost every time I have a "near death experience," it involves some distracted moron...

I hope things work out well for you. I understand first hand how stressful those situations get.

Thanks man, this was my first time ever being involved in a serious accident, I am just thankful that I was able to walk away and live to tell about it. I had a thread about it but I have removed it until all of this crap with attorneys and whatnot is over.

Zemedici

Established Member
Wow, so far I've been lucky to not have to go through any surgery yet. Hope you're all healed up! What'd you replace your 03' with or did you keep it and rebuild?

Thanks man, this was my first time ever being involved in a serious accident, I am just thankful that I was able to walk away and live to tell about it. I had a thread about it but I have removed it until all of this crap with attorneys and whatnot is over.

Insurance gave me 19k for it so i let them have it, I’m in a lifted 15 F150 atm, but posted it for sale and ready to get into another hot rod

CV355

_
Established Member

2 years ago (almost to the day, 4/20/17 actually), my wife got hit head on at over 100mph by some punk kid playing hookie from school. Rolled her down a hill, 4 times, slammed into a telephone pole. 3 separate lawyers dropped our case, two due to the insurance limits and one because I *may* have gotten a little violent. I had a few threads deleted for the same reason you did. We lost somewhere around $12k even though the accident wasn't her fault.

Goes back to, I'd feel safer driving in a swarm of 700hp+ cars than near one idiot with a cell phone glued to their face.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Lol, at someone trying to police someone elses driving by calling them a dangerous kid.

Drive whatever you want, at whatever power level you want, however you want. There are police, laws, and civil/punitive damages as a deterrent.

Unless you are crazy wealthy, these cars cost a lot to the individual that own them, individuals that have a lot of money tied up in something tend not to set out to destroy that thing.
Policing? No.

Pointing out they obviously struggle controlling the car, at their own admission, and their blatant disregard for common sense, obviously rustled some jimmies as it hit a nerve. Advocating someone be as reckless as they like, clearly doesn't have any regard for putting others at risk because you can't be bothered to adult, as it isn't as exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread