High horsepower (let's say 700+) guys; do you ever regret it?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly. No amount of tire and/or suspension would have made my car less sketchy this winter, which is the only time I’ve had the car at this power level. I’m sure this summer and in the coming weeks with the 555R’s the car will perform much better.

Nothing gives you that "oh shit" feeling when the tires start breaking loose at 90+ mph due to colder roads.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Did you see PBD video of the S550 they did with the sleeper twin turbo kit? Made 1400 hp and 1100 tq, albeit with a fully built motor, but it's a damn beast.

Yeah, good stuff for sure! I'm a huge fan of the simplicity and relative cheapness of my setup, but only time will tell how long it'll last. My whole setup, installed and tuned, was less than a base Hellion kit alone. Can't be mad at 815/833 on a stock motor and trans with only 15 degrees of timing!

Nothing gives you that "oh shit" feeling when the tires start breaking loose at 90+ mph due to colder roads.

I wish I could've seen the face on the guy riding that 600 as I was spinning coming by him. Gave him the hit and two cars. Lol

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, good stuff for sure! I'm a huge fan of the simplicity and relative cheapness of my setup, but only time will tell how long it'll last. My whole setup, installed and tuned, was less than a base Hellion kit alone. Can't be mad at 815/833 on a stock motor and trans with only 15 degrees of timing!

Hell yea. I've got some serious respect for these cars now. I was on the fence when they first came out.

CV355

_
Established Member

Or as someone posted earlier, coming over the crest of a hill and feeling the tires break loose. That'll make you pucker...

I don't drive my GT500 if the temp is lower than 40. Drove it to work one time in late 2016, and it was so cold that I was spinning the tires with next to no effort.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I have found contis to be one of the grippier street tires out there...when new they have great grip....

On my next car, I won't run any other street tire again. They are seriously good. It was scary how good that thing felt in the rain too. I never wanted to swap to my beadlocks because I loved those tires so much lol

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
On my next car, I won't run any other street tire again. They are seriously good. It was scary how good that thing felt in the rain too. I never wanted to swap to my beadlocks because I loved those tires so much lol

The rain part was the most shocking thing about the continentals. I was like holyshit I cannot believe I am driving in the rain under heavy part throttle....

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Drove my car home from shop on drag radials and the temp just touched 40 after a low of 20, it was like I had 2 banana peels for back tires, scary.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Drove my car home from shop on drag radials and the temp just touched 40 after a low of 20, it was like I had 2 banana peels for back tires, scary.

I had the exact same experience except even colder. Did an involuntary lane shift on the highway. It stays in the garage unless >60 which sadly is only like 28 days a year in MN.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Is this thread a trick question?

Srs.

It's not a trick question. But if you only ever drive your car on the weekends or a couple days a year, of course this thread doesn't apply to you and you wouldn't understand. I'm driving an 800RWHP car through rain and shine, teens and 90s. Yes I have an alternative daily, but I just can't resist the Mustang. I need to get rid of my daily and pick up a V8 Mustang daily.

I had the exact same experience except even colder. Did an involuntary lane shift on the highway. It stays in the garage unless >60 which sadly is only like 28 days a year in MN.

So see above. I should've classified this thread better by mentioning daily drivers. Had I done that, the responses would've been significantly different because I would bet maybe 10% of us DD cars like this.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
So see above. I should've classified this thread better by mentioning daily drivers. Had I done that, the responses would've been significantly different because I would bet maybe 10% of us DD cars like this.
Except it wouldn't. You admit to having a daily, but choose to drive a car that struggles in bad/cold weather and risk yours and others because you're too irresponsible to drive your other car that wouldn't have any of these issues.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Except it wouldn't. You admit to having a daily, but choose to drive a car that struggles in bad/cold weather and risk yours and others because you're too irresponsible to drive your other car that wouldn't have any of these issues.

And here we go. Y'all have locked on to the tire/traction thing wayyy too much. I'm not endangering anyone, myself included, so get that agenda out of here. I should have never mentioned traction as it's the least of my concern simply because it's the easiest thing to control. I'm simply hearkening back to the days when playing around didn't mean automatic jail time and loss of license, or at minimum a careless and reckless. So now what? Go ahead and suggest that nobody ever touch their throttle on public roads and only on tracks, because that's about the only argument to be made here now.

It's simple really. Do you have a 700+ horsepower car? Besides the financial aspect of it all, do you ever regret the power level it's at? No? Cool. Yes? Explain.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
And here we go. Y'all have locked on to the tire/traction thing wayyy too much. I'm not endangering anyone, myself included, so get that agenda out of here. I should have never mentioned traction as it's the least of my concern simply because it's the easiest thing to control. I'm simply hearkening back to the days when playing around didn't mean automatic jail time and loss of license, or at minimum a careless and reckless. So now what? Go ahead and suggest that nobody ever touch their throttle on public roads and only on tracks, because that's about the only argument to be made here now.

It's simple really. Do you have a 700+ horsepower car? Besides the financial aspect of it all, do you ever regret the power level it's at? No? Cool. Yes? Explain.
Deflect deflect deflect.

Do whatever, but if you hit someone, they will own your ass until the end of time. Why bother mitigating risk with a second vehicle that you own, that doesn't have these risk. :rolleyes:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Deflect deflect deflect.

Do whatever, but if you hit someone, they will own your ass until the end of time. Why bother mitigating risk with a second vehicle that you own, that doesn't have these risk. :rolleyes:

Please explain how my Mustang is any more of a risk than my Accord when driven appropriately, which I'm doing. Please.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Please explain how my Mustang is any more of a risk than my Accord when driven appropriately, which I'm doing. Please.
So your accord is RWD, making 800? Does it fight for traction from a stop? Does it suffer from traction in cold weather? Can in hit triple digits in seconds?

You admit openly you don't "drive appropriately", so this is a pointless attempt to justify your reckless behavior.

You know all, and will never pay for being irresponsible...better hope you're right, or you'll be enjoying living in a cardboard box.

Kiohtee

Established Member
So your accord is RWD, making 800? Does it fight for traction from a stop? Does it suffer from traction in cold weather? Can in hit triple digits in seconds?

You admit openly you don't "drive appropriately", so this is a pointless attempt to justify your reckless behavior.

You know all, and will never pay for being irresponsible...better hope you're right, or you'll be enjoying living in a cardboard box.

• Does it fight for traction from a stop? No. But neither does my Mustang, when driven appropriately, which again, is 99% of the time. To think otherwise is absolutely asinine.
• Does it suffer from traction in cold weather? No. But again, neither does my Mustang, when driven appropriately. You're retarded to think I'm trying to make WOT pulls in the cold.

I just can't argue with ignorance.

So fellow SVTP users; according to Screw-Rice, quoted above directly, if your car is RWD and making 800HP (or close/more presumably), you and your car are a direct threat to yourself and others. If your Mustang struggles from traction in cold weather, which is probably every V8 Mustang since 2005, you too are a threat.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
• Does it fight for traction from a stop? No. But neither does my Mustang, when driven appropriately, which again, is 99% of the time. To think otherwise is absolutely asinine.
• Does it suffer from traction in cold weather? No. But again, neither does my Mustang, when driven appropriately. You're retarded to think I'm trying to make WOT pulls in the cold.

I just can't argue with ignorance.

So fellow SVTP users; according to Screw-Rice, quoted above directly, if your car is RWD and making 800HP (or close/more presumably), you and your car are a direct threat to yourself and others. If your Mustang struggles from traction in cold weather, which is probably every V8 Mustang since 2005, you too are a threat.
You openly admit to driving recklessly, but nice attempt at dodging the entire point.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

That's why I daily my daily driver. :)

Users who are viewing this thread