High ait2's, need intercooler overhaul

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Fixing that IAT2 sensor depth has to be step one to get more accurate readings......but I think there's only so much you can do trying to REALLY push the car and blower in summer heat n humid New Orleans. With no change at all, your temps will be less this fall. Unless it's raining, and you won't run the car anyway.....the summer heat dome is really socked in for the next 8 weeks minimum. Probably 12. Lol

94slowbra1

Established Member
this is true, been dealing with this weather for 36 years now.
and yes i will be addressing the iat sensor depth. the blower is off the car now so i will find a local machine shop that can mill it down for me.

94slowbra1

Established Member
i dont have first hand info for you but everything i have read says you want the smallest h/e possible when running the k/c. the heat exchanger will actually make the k/c less efficient.
when speaking with a few different reputable people about keeping cool for the 1/2 mile they suggested bypassing the h/e if using a trunk mounted ice tank. i assume the same logic applies if using the killer chiller with a large tank?

Four Door SVT

Established Member
With the KC installation and stock intercooler and heat exchanger, the coolant temperature in the reservoir is 60*. It was 98* out when I checked the temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread