hidden nitrous setups come in

03.BLK.SVT

Established Member
so I have searched for possibly a thread that shows examples of clean nitrous setups. There have been a few on here, but none with good pics... I recently bought a plate kid for my 03 and want to tuck it away the best i can.

So if you have any pics of of your setups post 'em here!

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
i dont have any pics of peoples. But if they are doing it right then a pic wont help you LOL

But a great way to hide steel braided line going to the plate is to run rubber vacuum line over it. Just buy a couple feet slice it open and slip it over. It will make it look like a vacuum port or something and if anyone every asks just make something up lol Good luck

03.BLK.SVT

Established Member
true. Im talking bout pics of the process along with finished product. I thought there was an article a few years back in MMFF or 5.0 showing the steps,but cant find it

Digital

Established Member
true. Im talking bout pics of the process along with finished product. I thought there was an article a few years back in MMFF or 5.0 showing the steps,but cant find it
I had the plate kit. Spray paint the blue and pink nozzles black. Run either vacuum hose or black wire loom like was stated before to hide the lines.
Drop the lines from the plate directly behind the engine and run them either in the passenger wheel well or under the intake beneath the air box where you can mount and hide the solenoids.
You can just run the feed line from the bottom under the carpet inside the car or underneath the car by the fuel line depending on how hard core you are.
Some people have cut the foam out of the rear seat on one side and stuffed a bottle in there. The same applies with the passenger seat. Two skinnier bottles and some foam removal allows you to put them there. You can always take out the spare tire and dump it in there which seems to be the popular hiding spot.
Besides that you just don't want any shiny stuff or obvious logos. I pulled all the branding off my solenoids and spray painted them flat black so they didn't stand out to a flash light.
The sneakiest way I've seen to hide the purge is to run it down by the exhaust and weld it into the exhaust. Rev the car up and purging at the same time or during a burn out will usually hide that sound. You can also aim it against something under your car and use sound to hide it like reving etc.

Last edited:

dark-knight

Established Member
jellonight047-1.gif

jamrok55

Established Member
i see the zex box....lolol...my friends got his bottle in a gym bag in the trunk with the bag gut out on the bottom...

bottlefed91fox

TUFF
Established Member
im in the process of this myself, already painted solenoids and stuff all flat black, unfortunately you can't hardly hide the solenoids on my car, too much engine space. but im trying to make them less of a notice point.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I used to work at a car audio shop and I did a hidden nitrous install for a customer once.

We built a custom subwoofer box in a Fox Hatch with dual 12" subs that had a hidden compartment in it for the bottle. We used speaker terminals on the box to run the wires for the bottle heater, remote bottle opener, etc.

We also installed a custom alarm system that had a few extra programmable triggers (buttons on the remote) to arm the system and to activate the purge solenoid. We put a little LED in the dash (that would normally be used as a theft deterrent light) to illuminate when the system was armed. Of course, there was a WOT switch as well. We also used a digital amp temperature gauge for the bottle temperature.

We hid the solenoids in the inner fender and used wire loom in the engine bay.

It was stealthy, but you should have seen the look on everyone's faces when you could activate the purge remotely.

I wish I had pics. It was one of my favorite installs.

Homer

Users who are viewing this thread