Hid

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Hey maca need to get a set of HID for my car want to get driving lights and fog lights in HID been researching 6000 the best way to go ? who sells them?

let me know

TRBO VNM

I just bought some from Matt on Svtsnake. I got the 6k for my headlights and fog lights. complete direct plug and play. typically would take about 10min to install, but I hid the balasts and stuff and trying making it all nice and pretty, so I took my k&n filter out and battery out. I actually just had a buddy do it while I was working on another car. lol

I can get you his contact info if you want. I paid $270 shipped for both sets.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
are the 6k's a blueish or white light, i always heard 4300 was the better for are car or does that still produce a yellow colored light?

TRBO VNM

the lower the K, the brighter. the 6k is pretty white, but does have a blue tint. Although, I have seen some others that are 6k and more blue than mine are. the 4300 should be just a ver bright white. the higher the K, the more blue/purple you will get. as far as the yellow, I am not sure.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Yeah 6K are bright white with good hint of blue.

4300k are pure white and actually have the most actual light output of any color temp.

Not to say the 6k aren't bright!

TRBO VNM

Hey Jason (TRBO VNM) can you post a pic of your lights on a night? I am also interested in HID. Thanks. :beer:

I need to figure out how to take pics with my camera at night and not using a flash. there is probably a night feature or something, but I haven't looked yet. they are bright. we drove at night in OC and next to another terminator with factory lights you can really se how much further the HID's light up the road compared to the factory.

I really wanted to go with the xenon depot kits, but if their prices are still the same, I just didn't want to drop the money on those yet, so I figured I would give these a shot and see how they work out. I do think I need to have a balast or two replaced though. they have a yr warranty.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I need to figure out how to take pics with my camera at night and not using a flash. there is probably a night feature or something, but I haven't looked yet. they are bright. we drove at night in OC and next to another terminator with factory lights you can really se how much further the HID's light up the road compared to the factory.

I really wanted to go with the xenon depot kits, but if their prices are still the same, I just didn't want to drop the money on those yet, so I figured I would give these a shot and see how they work out. I do think I need to have a balast or two replaced though. they have a yr warranty.

Start playing with your camera, I'll wait for a picture. Thanks. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread