NewDuuude

Established Member
DDM 4500k fogs

Look yellowy but are more bright white, tiny hint of blue

466620DC_zps345d0174.jpg

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I picked up a set off ebay . I got the clear headlights with black housings /clear corners .6000k HID'S with slim ballasts They were 20 bucks more than just the regular clear lights . I have no idea if they are any good or not . I know nothing about HID headlights . If they are garbage i will just run regular bulbs and i'm out 20 bucks . input anyone ?

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
hidguy.net has a selection for the ballast wattage of 25, 35 and 55. What do most people have? Will the higher wattage just make them brighter?

mrose75

Established Member
Honestly, HIDs in the stock headlamps are a waste. They might look semi cool from a distance, but as far as light output.... Garbage. Unless you retrofit your stock housings with actual projector bulbs, don't expect any increase in light output, you'll actually notice you can see less at night. HIDs are not designed for the light scatter you get with the stock housing. I know this because I am running DDM Tuning Hi/Lo HID bulbs in my car now. I recently had the HIDs that were already in my DD M3 retrofitted, what a difference!!

Last edited by a moderator:

hinds04

Established Member
I've finally decided to go with HIDguy... Which ones should I go with? OEM white? I assume ill do the 35 watt. Is the relay harness needed?

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
has any of the Frugal guys bought the $30 ebay versions from various vendors on there?
Good? Crap? just curious..

I didn't buy off ebay, but you can get them for $39.99 from HID Kit Warehouse.

Good customer service and they processed the order fast.

I bought the slim ballast upgrade so it cost a little more. I also specified the bulb sizes I needed (specifically the fog light H9) since it didn't list Cobra separate from Mustang. Not sure if GT uses different bulbs from the Cobra?

Last edited:

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
Honestly, HIDs I. The stock headlamps are a waste. They might look semi cool from a distance, but as far as light output.... Garbage. Unless you retrofit your stock boudin with actual projector bulbs, don't expect any increase in light output, you'll actually notice you can see less at night. HIDs are designed for for the light scatter you get with the stock housing. I know this because I am running DDM Tuning Hi/Lo HID bulbs in my car now. I recently has the HIDs that were already in my DD retrofitted, what a difference!!

Agree 100%

I'm thinking of going with a projector headlight like this from www.[URL="http://www.carid.com/"]CARid.com[/URL] since the prices seem better than AM and have a larger selection.

Spec-D® 2LHP-MST99JM-TM - Ford Mustang 1999-2004 Black Dual Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I didn't buy off ebay, but you can get them for $39.99 from HID Kit Warehouse.

Good customer service and they processed the order fast.

I bought the slim ballast upgrade so it cost a little more. I also specified the bulb sizes I needed (specifically the fog light H9) since it didn't list Cobra separate from Mustang. Not sure if GT uses different bulbs from the Cobra?

Just wanted to provide an update on feedback for this seller.

They have outstanding customer service not only during the sales process but also with any warranty issues.

One of the four ballasts I purchased had an issue after about 60 days and they shipped me a new one immediately after contacting them even before I sent them defective unit back. :beer:

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
Just wanted to provide an update on feedback for this seller.

They have outstanding customer service not only during the sales process but also with any warranty issues.

One of the four ballasts I purchased had an issue after about 60 days and they shipped me a new one immediately after contacting them even before I sent them defective unit back. :beer:

Did you get the projector headlights,what do they look like? Pics?
I have seen a few and to me they look like shiiite on the mustangs,
Could have been the manufacture though.

mrose75

Established Member
Agree 100%

I'm thinking of going with a projector headlight like this from www.[URL="http://www.carid.com/"]CARid.com[/URL] since the prices seem better than AM and have a larger selection.

Spec-D® 2LHP-MST99JM-TM - Ford Mustang 1999-2004 Black Dual Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs

Pics of this set up? Looks way to Fast and the Furious for me. I plan on going with a member that retrofits the stock housing with one set of HID projector bulbs and painted the housing black so it's not as noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread