HICCUP.....Part 2

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Thanks to those of you who gave your input in my 1st thread......those of you who did not or have not yet read it, I will post a link below to bring you up to date.

HICCUP Part 1

Okay on to part 2 of this ENIGMA....:read:

I have done a couple of datalogs and spoke with some tuners regarding my HICCUP and sent them the logs as well for their input. I have gotten no concrete answer, but they all believe it to be something inside the tank (ie...loose clamp, defect in the fuel line or something else). All of them, as well as myself, believe it to be something POST-PUMP, the problem must lie somewhere between the pumps and the fuel rail.

I am going to take the car to DynoSpeed Racing in Memphis sometime around the 2nd week of September, but I wanted to post my findings since the 1st thread and see what some of you thought.

After datalogging many of the fuel PIDs and other values, it has now come to my attention that my car is pegging the FUEL PUMP DUTY CYCLE at 38xxRPMs under WOT. This remains pegged until redline. The HICCUP always, I REPEAT, ALWAYS occurs between 4500-5500RPM (This is not the HICCUP between shifts that many of you refer). The voltage to the pumps is excellent, no degradation whatsoever. The pressure drop across the injectors is evident in the log and spikes back up to normal range after the HICCUP.

I did replace the FUEL FILTER/PLUGS/FRPS, these were not contributing factors to the problem.

It is not the TUNE, as Joe Beegle at DynoSpeed wrote me a complimentary tune to see if that would fix it, SAME RESULT. My problem lies somewhere in my fuel system. The car will sit from now until I get the funds together for the dyno session as well as the repairs that will correct this issue.

I have the logs (via SCT XCAL2) and can send them to anyone that is willing to take a look at them and give their .02 (PM me your addy). I do not know how to post the still shots from the LIVELINK software. If someone can help me with it, I would be willing to send you the datalog. PM me your email and I will shoot them to you.

Again, thanks for your input guys....:beer:

Dorf

PS....I will post my findings after my dyno session with DynoSpeed......:thumbsup:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Try calling Rick at Amazon Tuning Solutions! He might know. Just tell him you're a member on here and need his advice!

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
If "THEY" think its the fuel pumps, check to see if the fuel lines are pinched!
Some could be pinched by the right front tire where it come up, mose jack the car there and catch the fuel lines. If not the fuel lines drop the tank and check the filters on the pumps.

My $.02

Ronnie

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Check your tensioner...my car was messing up on me kind of like this and it was my stock tensioner going bad. I changed out my plugs and fuel filter and nothing. I put a new replacement in and the car runs better than ever and no more cutting out like it did. I would check it by going under the hood and rev'ing it up and the tensioner would move up and down. Took me about 5 minutes to change it out and it was $46 from ford at cost. Let me know if you need a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread