Hi end auto feedback?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Bought my CO Cobra from them in the fall of 2013. Knock on wood haven’t had an issue. Robert and Anita are stand up people. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Found a sweet redfire Whipple last night for a decent price. Texted the guy for while then asked about a meet to do leak down and compression. Then, crickets, all this has me wondering. Want a toy to turn some wrenches but not enough to make a career out of, lol.

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks for the link I wanted to puke after reading that thread. Like corbic thought a dealer knowing these cars would be a good option. Better than flying all over the country just to find a turd
I don't expect a dealer to know everything about a car they sell as theres only so much they can do to inspect/prep a used car for resale within reason and still be profitable.

Buying a used high performance car is a gamble but some red flags I've read about Hi End is that they'll rip parts off of one car and slap them on another then sell them. I think I remember reading something about fenders being swapped off one car to another. Thats all fine if its disclosed but I think a majority of the people want a complete car not one pieced together with other parts.

Corbics car was also not advertised correctly, and mods were missing or different than what they were stated to be.

Don't make the mistake of trying to buy a lot of car on the cheap thats probably where you'll run into headaches. A local kid bought a cheap whippled cobra that seller knew very little about. The kid only saw the price when buying cars so he wanted a lot of car for the money. The mods that were installed were hacked up, installed wrong, the car had tons of issues etc and he finally sold it.

If I were to sell my Terminator I'm going to ask top dollar for it, but I have a completely full 3 ring binder full of receipts and pictures of mods on the car. To me as a buyer I'd pay a premium to know the car was done right. I'd buy a nice pullied eaton car that was well documented over a highly modded car that I know little about.

HPLouis

Established Member
I just finished reading that thread. My God......that is my worst nightmare. My days of working on cars are past me now. I can't physically pull transmissions, etc. like I used to 25 years ago. I've been lucky with my cars. I've never really gotten that deep into a pre-purchase inspection. I do a test drive, talk to the owner, etc and that's it. After reading that thread, I've been lucky. From now on, when I buy a car, I'm taking it to a mechanic.

Another thing.....when someone buys a car from a dealer, especially one who come highly recommended and claims to specialize in a specific brand of car, like Hi-End and the Terminators, you expect a bit of knowledge. You expect them to pick the best cars to put on their lot. I know a dealer can't be expected to know everything about a car, they got it used too, but that car.....

Wow, that thread was crazy. I don't know what to say. I'm at a loss for words, sorry for the ramble.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I just finished reading that thread. My God......that is my worst nightmare. My days of working on cars are past me now. I can't physically pull transmissions, etc. like I used to 25 years ago. I've been lucky with my cars. I've never really gotten that deep into a pre-purchase inspection. I do a test drive, talk to the owner, etc and that's it. After reading that thread, I've been lucky. From now on, when I buy a car, I'm taking it to a mechanic.

Another thing.....when someone buys a car from a dealer, especially one who come highly recommended and claims to specialize in a specific brand of car, like Hi-End and the Terminators, you expect a bit of knowledge. You expect them to pick the best cars to put on their lot. I know a dealer can't be expected to know everything about a car, they got it used too, but that car.....

Wow, that thread was crazy. I don't know what to say. I'm at a loss for words, sorry for the ramble.

I'd also not expect a dealer to straight up steal my parts and use bullshit photos...

*Shrug*

I'd recommend finding a car of this form, lots of low mileage cars come up now then for good prices. You can search the users name and try and pull as much history as possible. Unfortunately I fell for a lot of positive Rep from Hi-End and thought I was making a good decision going with them.

My car is a highly modified 15 year old turd. However a good portion of my problems are 100% the result of Hi-End.

Blown Front Suspension, Missing Camber Plates - That is Hi-End admitted to using "old" photos and not noticing the the lack of M&M camber plates.

Blown Rear Arms - Car was advertised with Metco Billet adjustable arms - Hi End admitted to "tossing them" because they where "worn out" and replaced them with NEW! AM eBay garbage arms that they did not lubricate and within 100 miles fell appart.

Blew Up rear bearings and wheels - After Hi-End finished stealing my Metco arms, they didn't torque the rear wheels down which soon began wobbling and destroyed the actual wheels and bearings.

So after doing MORE research I found some guys talking about how Hi-end would swap S/Cs, lips, steering wheels etc. I suspect they took my good suspension parts and then did a shit job putting the used garbage on to my car.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
They have a car I'm interested in just wondering if anyone has experience with them?

Thanks, Joe
I take it you did not do a search. you may want to. there is a love / hate relationship between them and members of the forum

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I take it you did not do a search. you may want to. there is a love / hate relationship between them and members of the forum
Yeah I did a search but didn't come up with much. Seems like a crap shoot even with private sellers. I ask specific questions and about a compression test then crickets. One even on this forum, seems to be a gamble either way. Unless you can find an established member with prior sales.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Any used car I’d have inspected period. I didn’t have a compression test done. If I was buying one now I would. Robert did however have it dynoed and verify the AF ratio for me before I made the deal.

Any used terminator or Shelby at minimum I’d have a compression test done. As well as inspection. I looked mine over myself and was prepared to walk if it wasn’t as described.

HPLouis

Established Member
Any used car I’d have inspected period. I didn’t have a compression test done. If I was buying one now I would. Robert did however have it dynoed and verify the AF ratio for me before I made the deal.

Any used terminator or Shelby at minimum I’d have a compression test done. As well as inspection. I looked mine over myself and was prepared to walk if it wasn’t as described.

Yeah, after reading this thread, I realized that I've been living on the edge as far as used car purchasing. From now on, I'm asking for the nearby dealership and paying for it to get checked out.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
About three years ago I drove from NC to Appomattox, VA and "walked their lot" when I was in the midst of a Terminator search. It's certainly the most Terminators I have seen in one spot.

Even if I had not followed @Corbic 's recent journey here in the annals of SVTP, I would still treat a performance vehicle on their lot the same as I would treat any other used vehicle on a car lot. With a great deal of suspicion. Caveat Emptor

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

As soon as I get one it's going straight to Albuquerque to have it dyno tuned so I'm not as worried about that. They have tuned all my mustangs and have ran hard.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I’d sell mine for the right price, but you wouldn’t like the price.
I'm tryin to stay around 20k maybe 25k for the perfect car. I'm not looking to spend 30k for a stock Virgin if that's what you mean. Pm what you got or your number if it's within reason.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm tryin to stay around 20k maybe 25k for the perfect car. I'm not looking to spend 30k for a stock Virgin if that's what you mean. Pm what you got or your number if it's within reason.
Not stock, but I won’t waste your time.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Be patient and you will find the right car. Corbic and I have been through the ringer with ours. But, I know now what my car has and needs. A fresh engine, new blower and fuel system...now I can sleep at night knowing my Cobra is fresh! Minus the body issues I have to take care of.....and getting it to hook..

Users who are viewing this thread