Hey Pottsy....

pottsy

Established Member
haha, thanks for giving me a hard time everyone. :bash:

Just playin'....I instigated this race, knowing very well how quick his car is. Judging from his sig over at Stangnet he's actually making more power than I thought, or at least what he told me.

What this summer has in store for my Cobra will be MORE than enough to give me a victory against him when we line up again in the future. When you consider the cars he has beaten, the power he is making, and the weight difference between our cars...frankly, I'm not surprised he didn't pull a length or two on me. I thought until I had over 300 rwhp, I wouldn't hang with him up top.

Look for a rematch video of our cars to come sometime this summer... :coolman:

pottsy said:
haha, thanks for giving me a hard time everyone. :bash:

Just playin'....I instigated this race, knowing very well how quick his car is. Judging from his sig over at Stangnet he's actually making more power than I thought, or at least what he told me.

What this summer has in store for my Cobra will be MORE than enough to give me a victory against him when we line up again in the future. When you consider the cars he has beaten, the power he is making, and the weight difference between our cars...frankly, I'm not surprised he didn't pull a length or two on me. I thought until I had over 300 rwhp, I wouldn't hang with him up top.

Look for a rematch video of our cars to come sometime this summer... :coolman:

From the looks of it, you have 300+ rwhp. That JLT cai might have put ya over :rockon:

pottsy

Established Member
Blk98Cobra said:
From the looks of it, you have 300+ rwhp. That JLT cai might have put ya over :rockon:

I really doubt it without longtubes, although that would be nice. I had a WMS pipe before the JLT so while I may have gained a few ponies, I would be VERY surprised to be close to 300. But believe me, I will be over 300 rwhp soon enough...whenever school gets out, that is.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
pottsy said:
I really doubt it without longtubes, although that would be nice. I had a WMS pipe before the JLT so while I may have gained a few ponies, I would be VERY surprised to be close to 300. But believe me, I will be over 300 rwhp soon enough...whenever school gets out, that is.

Secrets don't make friends :p

hehe

pottsy

Established Member
Tabres said:
Secrets don't make friends :p

hehe

Oh believe me, when everything is set in stone I will not keep it a secret...but sometimes big plans don't turn out like you hoped. I don't think that will be the case, time will tell soon enough. :thumbsup:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
That civic in both those vids jumps the crap out of that camaro. The freakin civic is like Beep, Beep, (floor it), Beep. What a douche bag.

96laserRedcobra

Established Member
Stangnet was the first fourm I joined when I got my car but I didn't like it so I quickly made my way over here. This place has much smarter people, and you guys dont talk so much crap. stangnet seems to be getting smaller by the day.

pottsy

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
That civic in both those vids jumps the crap out of that camaro. The freakin civic is like Beep, Beep, (floor it), Beep. What a douche bag.

haha, that happened to me, too. I don't know if it shows it in the video of me and him racing but on our first attempt he jumped me BAD. He's a nice guy though, definitely one of the coolest import owners around...just a little eager to jump on the throttle sometimes. :D

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Interspy24 said:
Pottsy's car is running just fine guys. He trapped 105mph on those heavy wheels and he drives well. As far as I know, he doesn't need a tune either. He also told me the guy in the civic turned up the boost 2-3lbs before the race, which probably was the reason for him hanging.

Btw, we all know what would have happened from a dig. :coolman:

From a dig I assume you mean a stop?? If that's the case then Pottsy certainly doesn't stand a chance because that American muscle will spin it's tires through the first 2 gears at least while that little ricer *** will be passing him by.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
pottsy said:
haha, that happened to me, too. I don't know if it shows it in the video of me and him racing but on our first attempt he jumped me BAD. He's a nice guy though, definitely one of the coolest import owners around...just a little eager to jump on the throttle sometimes. :D

Well man I am glad to see that you aren't sore about this, I wasn't trying to flame you on. My heart almost sank when I saw that Civic beat one of the best lookin cars on our board and to have the vids posted on that damn Stangnet which seems to be the single collection point for the most ignorant Mustang owners in the world.

Good luck with the summer project, can't wait for the sequel. Hopefully that lil fugger will blow his motor trying to keep up with you.

Interspy24

Established Member
2L8IWON said:
From a dig I assume you mean a stop?? If that's the case then Pottsy certainly doesn't stand a chance because that American muscle will spin it's tires through the first 2 gears at least while that little ricer *** will be passing him by.

Doubt it. I've raced pottsy plenty of times. :-D

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
pottsy, I don't care who won...that civic is gay as sh#t looking! You have one sweet looking stang...throw a blower on and you'll walk him.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I opened the thread and went to the picture automatically. I thought that guy was Pottsy. I was thinking "that's not what I expected him to look like".

Anyway, who cares he lost. I'm sure everyone here has lost a race at one time or another. There is always someone faster, even if it is a Honduh.

Get some longtubes Pottsy, they help alot. Then go with a shortrunner and a good tune. Then show him american cars don't need nitrous or a turbo/supercharger to be fast.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
I opened the thread and went to the picture automatically. I thought that guy was Pottsy. I was thinking "that's not what I expected him to look like".
:lol: My first thoughts as well...

pottsy

Established Member
2L8IWON said:
Well man I am glad to see that you aren't sore about this, I wasn't trying to flame you on. My heart almost sank when I saw that Civic beat one of the best lookin cars on our board and to have the vids posted on that damn Stangnet which seems to be the single collection point for the most ignorant Mustang owners in the world.

Oh no worries, I deserve to catch some shit over losing a race that *I* instigated! haha. But believe me, we both know that there will be a rematch, and I sure as hell won't be showing up with 288 rwhp...so I would guess things will turn out in my favor next time. He really can't run any more boost than he is, so 260 whp is about his limit. Me on the other hand...well, I haven't even gotten kind of started... ;-)

CY98Cobra said:
Get some longtubes Pottsy, they help alot. Then go with a shortrunner and a good tune. Then show him american cars don't need nitrous or a turbo/supercharger to be fast.

That's actually the plan...I will see where LT's and an SCT reburn get me early this summer, and then I will decide where to go from there. IF I stay N/A, a ported upper will be on order, along with some light wheels and DR's for when I want to race...like I said before, time will tell, but if everything works out I should have NO trouble on the rematch. :)

pottsy

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:

hahahaha :lol:

budguy1967

Established Member
Pottsy, you made some mistakes in this situation.

Mistake #1 Letting your opponent videotape you and your car before the race.

Mistake #2 Letting dude get his pic with your car after he beats it in a hopped up Honda Civic.

Mistake #3 Protecting your import opponent after he posts your loss on Stangnet for everyone to see. You should be pissed he posted them..they have only cause you grief.

Me personally...we all lose sometimes, but your opponent isnt much of a friend if he is posting your import losses on stangnet...You have nothing to gain if he is posting those videos. We all know there are hard core Mustang guys who think our cars should never lose to the imports...thats just not real world though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread