Hey Pottsy....

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
What happened here?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=536413

Your car looks bad as hell, now all we have to do is make is capable of beating a Civic. I advise you to buy a NX kit, drop a 100hp pill and re-race his azz. (I'll dontate the first few bucks for the kit)

As an aside, I would beat this kid's geeky looking face in before he got the chance to take a picture like this in front of my car:

sohcdrivervspottsy001.jpg

Last edited:

2L8IWON

Established Member
I know, Pottsy easily ahs one of the best lookin cars on this site. I think that we should join together and dontate some cash for a Nitrous kit. :)

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
259whp/211wtq in a light ass civic, I think he would win....JMO....

"Not bad, sounds like a slow Cobra to me." <- that moron needs to get hit by a bus, in his slow ass GT...

2L8IWON

Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:
259whp/211wtq in a light ass civic, I think he would win....JMO....

"Not bad, sounds like a slow Cobra to me." <- that moron needs to get hit by a bus, in his slow ass GT...

??? You think the Civic would win? an who is in a GT?

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
pottsy has what 288 in a heavier car....one might thing a car weighing a lot less with 260hp might take the cake..

One of the guys over there said "Not bad, sounds like a slow Cobra to me." and has a GT in his avatar...

There were a whole other slew of stupid comments there, but I quit while I was ahead. Pretty much the reason I dont post elsewhere.

Interspy24

Established Member
Pottsy's car is running just fine guys. He trapped 105mph on those heavy wheels and he drives well. As far as I know, he doesn't need a tune either. He also told me the guy in the civic turned up the boost 2-3lbs before the race, which probably was the reason for him hanging.

Btw, we all know what would have happened from a dig. :coolman:

Interspy24 said:
Pottsy's car is running just fine guys. He trapped 105mph on those heavy wheels and he drives well. As far as I know, he doesn't need a tune either. He also told me the guy in the civic turned up the boost 2-3lbs before the race, which probably was the reason for him hanging.

Btw, we all know what would have happened from a dig. :coolman:

Definately would know what would happen from a dig:-D. Why does he use that hypertech tune thing. He should get a real tune and possible get over 300 rwhp

Interspy24

Established Member
Btw, I just read through stangnet. Screw the haters, must of them wouldn't hold a candle to that civic or pottsy and are just running their mouths. Pottsy drives damn well and his car would probably manhandle half the people talking smack over there.

sLOWDOHC said:
Time and money probably. If you have it to give..... :p

Reason I brought up the hypertech issue is because I assume they cost over 100 bucks, if you save enough money and wait you can get a custom chip and tune and make some better #'s. Im waiting till Im done doing basic bolt-ons and then ill get a tune:)

SVTclutch

Established Member
But how much can you gain from a tune with all basic bolt ons. N/A no cams and no blower

pottsy

Established Member
hahaha.

Guys, guys...please remember what this Civic has done to it. It has a nice turbo with lots of supporting mods, running 10 psi, weighs around 2600 lbs. Tuned by one of the best guys around. He upped the boost a couple pounds before the race. I got flamed for making a "ricer excuse" elsewhere but in all honesty my car was pulling a lean code as well after the 2nd race, hence why we only had two runs. I *honestly* think that if I lined up again with him, I might be able to inch away from him.

With the kind of power that car is making (240ish) vs. mine (288), and considering the large weight differences in our cars, I am more than happy with that result.

That Honda has beaten several LS1's, a Mach 1, modded Lightnings, Evos...it's quick for what it is. At least I didn't end up like this LS1 Z28...it has a lid, Borla catback, gears and y-pipe...couldn't even win when given a car length!

http://members.cox.net/sohcvtec15/Steve-Khoi-Cary002.avi

http://members.cox.net/sohcvtec15/Steve-Khoi-Cary006.avi

Now I'll step on over to Stangnet and address the legion of morons over there....

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I thought he did pretty well against the guy. Given how small and light that civic is with the whp it's got... not bad in my book. You've got to give respect where respect is due.

pottsy said:
hahaha.

Guys, guys...please remember what this Civic has done to it. It has a nice turbo with lots of supporting mods, running 10 psi, weighs around 2600 lbs. Tuned by one of the best guys around. He upped the boost a couple pounds before the race. I got flamed for making a "ricer excuse" elsewhere but in all honesty my car was pulling a lean code as well after the 2nd race, hence why we only had two runs. I *honestly* think that if I lined up again with him, I might be able to inch away from him.

With the kind of power that car is making (240ish) vs. mine (288), and considering the large weight differences in our cars, I am more than happy with that result.

That Honda has beaten several LS1's, a Mach 1, modded Lightnings, Evos...it's quick for what it is. At least I didn't end up like this LS1 Z28...it has a lid, Borla catback, gears and y-pipe...couldn't even win when given a car length!

http://members.cox.net/sohcvtec15/Steve-Khoi-Cary002.avi

http://members.cox.net/sohcvtec15/Steve-Khoi-Cary006.avi

Now I'll step on over to Stangnet and address the legion of morons over there....

Wow that ls1 didnt fare so well, newayz considering the weight difference and everything you did do pretty good, I just thought your car had a lot left in it

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Well the hypertech, while basic is decent for the money. Esp when gear and tire changes are involved. Those 2 calibrations are worth the money, IMO. It also allows for a little more here and there as mods follow. Very basic, but worth while. And no doubt a tune would be a little better, but for the time being.... :)

Interspy24

Established Member
Tabres said:
I thought he did pretty well against the guy. Given how small and light that civic is with the whp it's got... not bad in my book. You've got to give respect where respect is due.

Exactly. Take a car with a good 700lbs weight advantage, pull a motor swap and strap on a power adder, and then with a tune from a respected guy, it's going to be fast. That car runs well, no doubt about it. On the other hand, I can guarantee you pottsy would have had a good two cars + had the race been from a dig.

Check out the evo and camaro thread in pics and video. Guys are calling a 600awhp evo rice because it's an import. It left the cammed ls1 on the spray like nobody's business, and people accuse the guy of being a ricer. :loser: Keep in mind this race was from a roll, the outcome would have been nasty from a dig.

Users who are viewing this thread