Hey Hellion Guys...

bouncer18

Established Member
So now that the craze in the area is turbos and my secret is out of the bag...... (and the truth is i just want to be a ricer :loser: )

How do you modify the kit to allow for an externally vented BOV without messing up how the computer reads the metered air?

TRBO VNM

my understanding is that you would need to convert it to a blow thru setup. basically the MAF needs to be mounted after the intercooler, before the tbody. I know some have done this, but that is about all I can tell you. pm jon lund, I think he had his like this, but I think he put it back to the original design.

and you will most likely need your tune tweaked for that setup.

J

Janstang

You will need to set up the MAF in a blow-thru config., best position being in the passenger side fenderwell prior to the piping coming back into the engine bay for the intake. If you need pics let me know..

SVTboy

Established Member
Janstang, could you post some pics of how your meter is set up (and a pic of the BOV) thanks.....

J

Janstang

Here's a pic from the passenger side wheelwell. In the pic you can see the blow-off valve mounted on the pipe coming from the turbo enroute to the intercooler. Above the blow-off valve is the MAF meter in a blow-thru config, mounted to the pipe coming from the intercooler and going up to the throttle body. You may also notice a set of tabs with a section of all-thread. I had to mount a set of these opposite to each other to keep the connector from popping off the meter under boost(20psi). Since doing this I haven't had any issues..
my.php

SVTboy

Established Member
Very nice, thanks for the pics. Im thinking about switching over to blow through on my 76 set up, just needed to see how Hellion did it for the beast kit, thanks again.....

J

Janstang

I am running the Zeitronix wideband for tuning the A/F and I tapped into the meter there to get my MAF voltage signal for the datalogs.

J

Janstang

It will allow you to vent to the atmosphere(blowoff valve). Also, some turbo kits don't have the room to run the meter in a drawthru config..

Georgie

Established Member
so basicaly without a blow thre setup u cant run a blow off valve? and the meter ur talking about..maf? sorry for my ingnorance!

TRBO VNM

Georgie said:
so basicaly without a blow thre setup u cant run a blow off valve? and the meter ur talking about..maf? sorry for my ingnorance!

no...

you run a BOV no matter if it is a draw thru or blow thru. if you run draw thru you can't vent the BOV to the atmosphere. if you run it in blow thru you can vent the BOV to atmosphere.

yes, the meter is the MAF

Users who are viewing this thread