Hey Guys, Who is in the NJ or tri-state area?

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Im new to the forums but i was wondering who was in the NJ or tri-state area? I am always up for a GTG and doing whatever. Its always fun to meet new people and see their cars, always leads for a good time.

I am right outside of Philly so if anyone is in the area and is ever up for a cruise or GTG let me know...

I know this is going to detur you, but i am only 18 and i have a 1996 Cobra, that is all stock for right now. Would have some stuff done to it, but after i bought it there has been quite a bit of maintanence that has had to be done in order to get things running right... so, just figured ide introduce myself, and i will get pictures up as soon as possible....

stangomus

Established Member
I live in Langhorne. In between Philly and Trenton. My car is in my shop located in Tullytown. Don't worry bro, i'm only 20 and my cobra is basically stock too. If you ever need to work on your car, feel free to let me know and you can use my shop.
-Andy

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
are you serious?!?!?! holy crap wow that would be so cool.... would love to come work with you man...

got a few crappy things comin up that need to be fixed.. Engine mounts and Clutch... then from there hopefully nothing else cuz of age will break so i can start modding..... well after i get a job again once im fully back from surgery tomorrow lol... o well

yea but you also have a 99....isnt langhorne in PA???? i could be retarted and not know there is one in NJ too.... but yea i live in Burlington County....

ever hear of Cinnaminson? Cherry Hill? Pretty much right across the Tacony Palmyra(<--was my home town lol) bridge,betsy ross, or ben frankin....

stangomus

Established Member
Yeah, Langhorne is in Pa. I know Cherry Hill. I just have a private shop that I store my car in, detail, and do minor mechanical jobs (no lift or anything) when I have free time. Tools are limited too. I just moved in so i'm in the process of buying all that kind of stuff. But yeah, if you have something you want to do to the cobra there is always space in my garage.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
thats cool man.. thanks alot... guessing its a decent size?

yea cherry hill i basically live right around there...how far is langhorn??? hmmm liek 40 minutes?

well if i have somehting i know im going to need, liek tools or whatnot ill just bring it... if i have an indoor place to do work... it is all gravy....

you ever in NJ?

stangomus

Established Member
Shifty Powers said:
thats cool man.. thanks alot... guessing its a decent size?

yea cherry hill i basically live right around there...how far is langhorn??? hmmm liek 40 minutes?

well if i have somehting i know im going to need, liek tools or whatnot ill just bring it... if i have an indoor place to do work... it is all gravy....

you ever in NJ?

The shop is about 700sqft. Three cars are in there now with plenty of room to work around them. The 92 hatch will be gone soon and the 89 notch is leaving to get painted. The cobra will be the only one in there for the next couple of months until the notch is done.

Cherryhill is about 30miles away so I figure about 40mins is right.

Yeah having a place to work on the car is great. I just got back from there. Finished preping the cobra for a major detail extravaganza. Pulled the mirrors off, removed the headlights and taillights, removed the wing, taped off all the moldings and emblems, and stripped all the old wax off the car. Tomorrow is day one with the rotary!

I'm in NJ a few times a month. I work in Lawrenceville NJ every other saturday and my grandmother lives in Mercer county which I visit often.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
thats pretty big... you own all 3 cars? good lord man, and your 20?

so what are you doing to the cobra? not new paint? souunds like alot of work...

hmmm well yea we will have to meet up sometime... after feb. is over ill deffinately make a stop by the shop.... and im always up for cruising... maybe u can come with me and the club(haha yes i made a club for all domestics)... once weather starts pickin up were gunna hit the track a few times, make a trip to the beach, maybe even stay at a few peoples houses for the weekend..

then in june were going to wildwood for 3 days for a weekend car meet... its great... if you would like to join us anytime you are more than welcome...

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
MTShambles said:
Springfield, PA is where I live...

Malvern, PA is where my parts warehouse is.

O i see you work for mustangtuning? nice.. ive ordered from you guys before, great with shipping....

stangomus

Established Member
Shifty Powers said:
thats pretty big... you own all 3 cars? good lord man, and your 20?

so what are you doing to the cobra? not new paint? souunds like alot of work...

hmmm well yea we will have to meet up sometime... after feb. is over ill deffinately make a stop by the shop.... and im always up for cruising... maybe u can come with me and the club(haha yes i made a club for all domestics)... once weather starts pickin up were gunna hit the track a few times, make a trip to the beach, maybe even stay at a few peoples houses for the weekend..

then in june were going to wildwood for 3 days for a weekend car meet... its great... if you would like to join us anytime you are more than welcome...

I only own the cobra. My buddy steve owns the notch and george owns the hatch. They have been storing their cars there (both project cars) but george is selling the hatch because he doesn't have time or money to complete it. Steve's notch is going to get painted by a friend when he has spare time so who knows when that thing will be finished!

The cobra's paint is just getting a refresh. The car used to be my daily driver but now it just sits in the garage so I figured i'd tear it down and give it a real deep cleaning and intense polishing. Trying to make it look like it has never been driven with regards to the undercarrige, inside the wheels, and under the hood. Yeah its alot of work but I enjoy doing it. I hope to have it all polished and put back together by the end of feb.

Your more then welcome to come and stop by anytime and i'm always down for meeting up and cruizing. Let me know when anything is going down, i'll be there!

-Andy

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
Bergen County, North Jersey

If anyone wants to meet up for some pix I'm game... I can't wait to blow the dust of my long lense and semi-professional camera, lol

--Russ

trublu gen2

Established Member
Hunterdon county here, just outside of Flemington. Don't see many svt's in my neck of the woods. I'm down for a GTG. :beer:

SteveChris

Established Member
during the week im a mild mannered software programmer in maryland, on the weekends i'm usually on Staten Island destroying my cars suspension (if you're from there..you know why)

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
If anyone in the area ever needs help cleaning their IMRC's let me know...I have become quite versed in taking that intake off and on, off and on.

SVTCobra3212

Banned
Bucks County, right outside of Phila!

It's ok. You have to start somewhere :thumbsup: . I was in your shoes once... wait I still am, just 3 years older. :nonono: I need money, anyone want to loan?

Stangette03

JC's Jules
Established Member
Jersey Vics said:
If anyone wants to meet up for some pix I'm game... I can't wait to blow the dust of my long lense and semi-professional camera, lol
Steve told me that he's going to be getting a meet/cruise together soon, since he didn't do any last year :) Probably at either Vince's or GSP like old times :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread