Hey guys, long time no see... looking for some advice.

MustangThief

Established Member
Hey guys, been awhile. Hope I see some familiar names around still.

I still have the current mods in my sig, and am looking for advice.

A few years ago, I had a cross-threaded plug (I think) in the rear passenger side (#4) and blew it out. I used a lock-n-stitch kit with an aluminum insert. It was a REALLY quality kit. Afterwards it seemed VERY stable and I was really satisfied with the kit, it seemed rock solid. I took my time and used bearing grease to catch shavings and everything went perfect.

Now, at the power I'm making I was nervous about using ANY type of "fix" instead of getting new heads but I figured I might as well give it a shot since I heard only great things about it and the fact it was an aluminum insert, and it's had zero problems since.

I have also really wanted to do a VMP swap since the day I heard about them.

Should I just go for the upgrade? Or is there other avenues I should consider first? I'm wondering if I should get that cylinder scoped before considering more power to make sure the insert looks good and is holding fine? Should I just wait and get new heads before I consider going up in power? I just don't want to have a problem with it after getting a new supercharger and needing to dump another several grand into new heads and possibly causing more damage when I should have just went for the revised heads before throwing more horses at her.

Either way I'm planning on getting new springs soon but I'm just a little worried about the insert, but like I said, so far I've had zero issues with it and it was an aluminum insert and from what I read was the only ford approved repair. This is the kit, http://www.lns-sea.com/ft-spark-plug-inserts.htm

Thanks for any input guys.

03cobraracer

Established Member
If you haven't had any issues I'm sure you will be fine. I did a times err on my original heads and I beat the piss out of my car and had no problems..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with 03cobraracer. If you haven't experienced any signs of a developing issue, you should be fine. From what you said, you carefully did the fix right.

Users who are viewing this thread