Hey cool my car won something......

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Well this is sort of strange. My car, a 03 10th cobra with 600rwhp and lots of bling is my primary transportation, my daily driver, the only car I drive.

and as such I never go to the track, I never autocross it, I hang out at car shows but usually dont participate.

But last weekend I entered a local Hooters show and actually won the managers pick award(Id say its equivalent to a best of show in some respects)
anyway never entered one before and figure a daily driver doesnt have much of a chance as its dirtier then show cars, the paint on the hood and bumper is all pitted from a few years of road sand, bugs, and rocks.

but what do you know it won out against the vettes, old muscle cars, etc.

yeah it was a small show but Ford and Cobra's was represented as best it could by me.

anyway here are a couple pictures from the show thought I would share

http://carsroadshow.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album74&id=Carsroadshow_8_27_2006_052
http://carsroadshow.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album74&id=Carsroadshow_8_27_2006_053

yeah front license plate is from sonic blur and yes its not visually appealing but neither is getting pulled over(remember its a daily driver : )

no pictures of the back which is too bad, it has the red ford emblem, blacked out lights, sweet license plate bracket from mgw, etc.
I got a lot of looks and questions, some people didnt believe me when I said it was a DD lol.

Last edited:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Congrats!! You won cuz of those bangin SSR GT3's ya got on there! :thumbsup:

Edit: Just looked through some of the other pics from the show....WOW...you beat out some serious competition!!

Last edited:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
thanks and yes there was some nice cars there. And yes those are SSR-GT3's
I think those combined with the polished whipple that sticks up almost out of the engine compartment really wins them over lol :)

plus where I was parked, earlier in the day the sun was hitting it just right and blinding you if you walked up to it.

people really liked the red 10th anniversary interior as well. you dont see many of them (not surprising the car is 1 out of only 257 i think)

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
congrats!!! I am the same way, i have never entered any of my cars into any car show. When i sold my Saleen the new owner washed it off and drove it to a local car show the second day he owned it and took first place.

Iwannacobra04

New 'scared' SVT Poster
Established Member
Beautiful car there. I would've awarded it also. That thing is so nice, it really doesn't look like a daily driver. Congrats!

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
thanks!, yup zaino works miracles (plus the new z8 stuff is pretty wicked).

but black is a really pain, it shows everything, but when its clean it looks really shiny.

the z8 stuff worked on the chrome really well too, it got all the film off of it, and gave it a nice clean shine.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Congrats on the win.

With that nice polished Whipple, Canton, I/C tank and SS rad cover I think you blinded the competition.

Good win and nice car.

sonicblu03

Established Member
Congrats. I've seen your car before at 1431. Have you been to the new spot yet (HEB)?

Mike

PS...thanks for recommending Lance and Thor, they did a great job on my blower swap. :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats! That was some serious competition there. And a daily driver at that. You obviously take very good care of it. Oh, and I know what you mean about Zaino. Only polish I use. :)

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Congratulations but I was really looking forward to the Hooters girl standing next to it with a trophy and smile. Nice going though.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Congrats. I've seen your car before at 1431. Have you been to the new spot yet (HEB)?

hey, yup I was there in fact last saturday, went from the new HEB hang out to the mocaa/austin area stangs meeting over by the new randalls spot.

Users who are viewing this thread