Hey BJ or Justin. Quick Question!

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I posted this in the GT500 section, but have not received any replies, so I figured I would ask the Pros.

A few months ago, I installed a VMP Gen 1 with a 2.4 pulley on my 2012 GT500. I left the stock tb and the factory CAI in place. On a cooled down run, after tuning, the car made 674 rwhp and 700 rwt. The car ran out of fuel around 6100 rpms. So I have been driving it mildly. This week I added a VMP Twin 67 TB, 123 JLT, and 2014 injectors. On the dyno yesterday, the car put down 30 less hp and 70 less rwt? The data log showed the car was moving enough air thru the MAF to produce in excess of 700 rwhp? My tuner suggested that the cats are probably stopped up? Has anyone experienced this sort of problem? I haven't had any clutch slippage. And the dyno graphs were consistent. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I posted this in the GT500 section, but have not received any replies, so I figured I would ask the Pros.

A few months ago, I installed a VMP Gen 1 with a 2.4 pulley on my 2012 GT500. I left the stock tb and the factory CAI in place. On a cooled down run, after tuning, the car made 674 rwhp and 700 rwt. The car ran out of fuel around 6100 rpms. So I have been driving it mildly. This week I added a VMP Twin 67 TB, 123 JLT, and 2014 injectors. On the dyno yesterday, the car put down 30 less hp and 70 less rwt? The data log showed the car was moving enough air thru the MAF to produce in excess of 700 rwhp? My tuner suggested that the cats are probably stopped up? Has anyone experienced this sort of problem? I haven't had any clutch slippage. And the dyno graphs were consistent. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

Bingo...no 2.40's on stock injectors.

You have enough maf. We use the same thing on 800hp cars, including my 07.

What did your datalog show?
a/f?
spark?
IAT2?
Knock sensor
Fuel trims?

Without all that everything would be speculation. And you had a VERY happy dyno on that first day.

bj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread