Heuristic Profile

Heuristic

Established Member
Heuristic's '14 Sterling Grey GT Profile

I tried to change my old thread but it is still misleading people by the original title, so I am just going to use this thread to post pictures and mods that I've done to my car as I go along. I'll start off by posting what was in the original thread.

I bought a 2014 M6 Sterling Grey Mustang GT Premium with the Track and Comfort packages with Sync(sync is badass) :banana: Previous to this I owned an '08 Legacy Spec-B. '00 Camaro z28. '05 GT35r'd Subaru STi then a bunch of other cars.

Being a Subaru/GM guy myself I never thought I'd see myself in a Ford, but I just couldn't resist the new Mustangs. Pick her up with just 7 miles on the thing, still had the wrapping around the passenger seat.

Out with the old....
FrontEnd3.jpg

SpecBLowered3.jpg

In with the new....

Pic's from the night I got her.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Pics from the next day at work
3.jpg

4.jpg

Went down the street to take some better pictures really quickly. I can't wait to start modding this thing.

2.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Went ahead and got the Roush axle back exhaust and threw them on

Comparison New vs. Old
1900104_10153785166410333_521517244_n.jpg

December 26th 2014 pictures(jump to HERE to see the rest)
1.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

Current Modification list(updated last 3/22/14)

Engine:
Roush axle back exhaust

Suspension:
Ford Racing K-Springs
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
Koni Yellow's

Tires:
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars

Best time:
12.861 @ 110.4 mph, 2.146 60' (mods: stock down to the tires)

Last edited:

Heuristic

Established Member
Today's mods!

Finally got around to lowering the car. Went with the Ford Racing K-Springs and a BMR Adjustable Panhard bar. Overall the install took about 5 hours, struggled to the stock PHB out. Couldn't really get much leverage and it was in there good. Other than that the install went really smooth and was a breeze. When I went for my test drive I didn't notice anymore wheel hop, I'm hoping that stays true...

On with the journey

Before shots:
1.jpg

2.jpg

And it begins...
3.jpg

Struts off.
4.jpg

Both struts are assembled.
5.jpg

Both shoved back in to place
6.jpg

Here's the stock PHB vs the BMR Adjustable PHB.
7.jpg

Stock rear springs vs the Ford Racing K-Springs
8.jpg

Finally got this thing installed
9.jpg

Rear springs were a cake walk.
10.jpg

Here is the after shots:
11.jpg

12.jpg

Here's the side by side comparisons
Side:
13.jpg

Front:
14.jpg

I'm hoping it settles a little more over the next few weeks. I wanted the car to sit a little lower for my taste, but I have a pretty steep driveway and couldn't go much lower.

Last edited:

Heuristic

Established Member
Today's mod was a little funky, but the wife and I took some quarters,rubbed them together and the wife officially joined the ford family with a '14 Ford Escape Titanium :banana:
MelNewCar.JPG

Rushmoore

I thought the Roush axle-backs were 49 state legal, which translates into Texan as "illegal in California." I'm just curious if CHP or any other cops around there actually write tickets for that or whether your setup passes inspection.

That's a good looking car you have there. I need to get to work lowering mine. I have a Fox Body restoration that is stealing all my tinkering money.

Heuristic

Established Member
I thought the Roush axle-backs were 49 state legal, which translates into Texan as "illegal in California." I'm just curious if CHP or any other cops around there actually write tickets for that or whether your setup passes inspection.

That's a good looking car you have there. I need to get to work lowering mine. I have a Fox Body restoration that is stealing all my tinkering money.
They are pretty loud, so far I haven't had any issues. I'm sure it's one of those things where as long as you aren't driving like a jack ass you'll be left alone. As far as inspection goes a brand new car in California doesn't need to be smogged for 7 years. When that happens I'll just throw the car on some jack stands and put the stock one back on.

Heuristic

Established Member
Decided to wash and wax her this morning. Afterwards I was pretty much spent(it's already hot) so I just drove down the street to the park to take pictures, nothing special but thought I'd share.

6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Time for a nap. :D

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
That is the exact car I want. Color, track pack, everything. Looks DAMN good with those springs, keep up the good work!

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Nice thread OP! Like others have said, some tint will go a long way.

If you don't mind, what products did you use for the wash and wax? I'm a noob when it comes to detailing some I'm always wondering what everyone is using.

Heuristic

Established Member
Nice thread OP! Like others have said, some tint will go a long way.

If you don't mind, what products did you use for the wash and wax? I'm a noob when it comes to detailing some I'm always wondering what everyone is using.

This go round I used the Zymol Cleaner Wax. I keep trying different waxes to see which one I like the best. I really like this one but you really need to follow the directions(shocker I know) when applying this one when it says to only apply to small areas at a time. If you apply it to too big of an area it dries up and becomes dust goes absolutely everywhere. I'm use to applying wax to almost an entire panel at a time and then wiping it off. It also recommends that you lightly spray down the car after you're done waxing it and wiping it down which was almost mandatory after all the dust I created on the first few applications :D

The wax I thought made the color look really deep/wet in person. I'd say it took me a total for 2.5 hours to wash, wipe down the inside, wheels, windows and wax, so not too bad.

I'm sure others can chime in on if there's a better wax

Looks good. All of us locals need to meet up sometime.

I agree, someone needs to plan a get together for everyone

Heuristic

Established Member

silverbullit02

Established Member
Best color there is man. I love mine. As stated above the MGW will change your life. I also added the whiteline bushing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread