Hesitation under load

Grover03

Established Member
No issues at idle, just under throttle. Cant even seem to get blower to kick in. Good vacuum on blower, and under WOT cant get it into boost more than 10-12lb (usu. it is 18lb). Seems like something is holding car back. Car is rarely driven, only 3rd time out this year. Thinking bad gas, I added a can of 'sea foam', I believe its called. Also changed blower oil today, it looked brutal.
Going to check/change plugs now. Should I still add octane boost or change gas? Looking for any other ideas - have plugs, alternator, fuel filter, fuses, maf and frps on my list - but not looking forward to diving into things, was hoping to store it today, but cant bear to store it with issues. Could it also be a blower problem? Any feedback appreciated.

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
Might need more fuel support. GT pumps or return style fuel system

Grover03

Established Member
Bump with more info. I already have the GT pumps (sorry not in sig). Car was running fantastic last week, then about 15 min into the drive it suddenly became symptomatic. Going to take to a garage this week to check all the things previously listed, my concern is its the blower itself. If it isn't working, would that not cause issues similar to what I am experiencing. Should have more news in a few days (crosses fingers)

Jensanity

Established Member
Thought the coil pack fixed mine, but after two days the hesitation under acceleration returned. Had water in spark plug holes before changing the plugs and coil pack. Going to check and see if any condensation is present again. If not I'll probably replace the other 7 coil packs. Any other suggestions besides plugs? This is driving me crazy!!! Any luck OP?

Grover03

Established Member
Checked my plugs, they do look fouled. Boost bypass isn't stuck, I can manually move it. Will finish replacing plugs myself tonight. Garage I normally use went out of business!! (that's how long its been since I worked on the car) Scrambling atm to find another shop.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Def try and get some fresh gas in that thing. If you can check your fuel pressure too with your FRPS.

Grover03

Established Member
In conclusion, spend a day going over everything on the list. All checked out ok, except badly fouled plugs and l assume bad gas. Added better gas and more gas treatment, and gapped the new plugs at .032 instead of .037 and crossed my fingers.
Car ran good, but honestly I was a little hesitant to really get on it like I normally do. Going to check the new plugs and add a little more 108oct. and go beat on it. Thanks for the input
Oh, and fuel pressure was fine.

Grover

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
In conclusion, spend a day going over everything on the list. All checked out ok, except badly fouled plugs and l assume bad gas. Added better gas and more gas treatment, and gapped the new plugs at .032 instead of .037 and crossed my fingers.
Car ran good, but honestly I was a little hesitant to really get on it like I normally do. Going to check the new plugs and add a little more 108oct. and go beat on it. Thanks for the input
Oh, and fuel pressure was fine.

Grover

Could have been spark blowout, at 18# boost I would set gap at .028 to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread