Hesitation, tune issue ?

msc111

Established Member
Hey guys I recently installed my boss intake with steeda cai and steeda 93 tune on my m6 13 gt. car runs really strong going through the gears from first. It also sounds a lot louder, it sounds great. The issue is when I'm cruzing in say 3-6 gear. When the Rpms are lower say around 2000 give or take, and I step on it, the car hesitates bad. You can feel and hear the car clunk, but after the hesitation it moves with out a problem. Any ideas? Also weird thing, last night while driving, my check battery light came on and the car just died. I pulled over, checked the battery thinking I left the cable loose, but no everything was fine. I got back in the car and it started right up and ran with no problems. I realize my best bet is to call steeda which I will on mon morning but figured maybe someone would have an answer to this. Thanx for any help.

saleen homer

Established Member
what year is your car? I have a 2013 and am getting a little hesitation basically where you are talking. I am working with the guys over at americanmuscle.com doing some data logging to clear it up. I have heard there may be something different in the 2013's that are making the 2011-12 tunes hesitate. When I get an answer, I will let you know

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Uploaded a VMP tune written for my 13 today and its perfect, no hesitation anywhere

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have a 12 with steeda cold air and 93 tune ..no hesitation, email gus...see what's up with that.

msc111

Established Member
its a 2013. Ive always had a very little hesitation even stock which i have read is normal but now it worse. I also noticed today that the car pulls insanely hard through 3rd but when i hit 4th it falls on its face? Im assuming it just need some adjustments to the tune and the reps at steeda told me it may being that the 13 tunes were still being worked on. No bigge. Thanx for your response. Let me know how it goes for you.

what year is your car? I have a 2013 and am getting a little hesitation basically where you are talking. I am working with the guys over at americanmuscle.com doing some data logging to clear it up. I have heard there may be something different in the 2013's that are making the 2011-12 tunes hesitate. When I get an answer, I will let you know

msc111

Established Member
ya im gonna give them a call on monday and see what happens. I dont really think its a big issue because its not like the car is running horrible.

I have a 12 with steeda cold air and 93 tune ..no hesitation, email gus...see what's up with that.

msc111

Established Member
Is you car stick or auto? What rpm are you shifting at? i noticed today my car pulls hard through 3rd but when i hit 4th it falls on it face. I was shifting around 7200.

I have the same hesitation with my Boss manifold and BBR tune.

msc111

Established Member
Ya i have heard alot of good things about his tune. However, i went with steeda before i found out about him. The tune was free being that i bought my cai from them. I never heard of one complaint from other customers about steedas tunes. I think / hope its a minor tune issue they can correct. Ill update on monday after i speak with them.
Should have called shaun@aed

saleen homer

Established Member
They are looking over my logs on monday and will be updating my tune for the x pipe that will arrive on tuesday. They seem real easy to work with on the issue and want to get it figured out. It seems to almost be tuning itself out a little since I first noticed it. It may be the car adjusting to the changes

BPatterson

Established Member
I too got my tune from BBR before I knew about Shaun. I shift at 7400. I have no flat spots at WOT, just between 2-3500 rpm's, when at part throttle, going through the gears, like when I'm in traffic.

twistedneck

Established Member
Hey guys I recently installed my boss intake with steeda cai and steeda 93 tune on my m6 13 gt. car runs really strong going through the gears from first. It also sounds a lot louder, it sounds great. The issue is when I'm cruzing in say 3-6 gear. When the Rpms are lower say around 2000 give or take, and I step on it, the car hesitates bad. You can feel and hear the car clunk, but after the hesitation it moves with out a problem. Any ideas? Also weird thing, last night while driving, my check battery light came on and the car just died. I pulled over, checked the battery thinking I left the cable loose, but no everything was fine. I got back in the car and it started right up and ran with no problems. I realize my best bet is to call steeda which I will on mon morning but figured maybe someone would have an answer to this. Thanx for any help.

Same battery thing happened to me with my boss manifold Bama tune. Over time that has never happened again. runs nice and strong, been running mine 3 months now. It does not hesitate at all.. it does surge here and there in the low throttle regime and i also believe its very sensitve to octane rating.

Considering octane boost for my next fill up.

BPatterson

Established Member
During slightly more than normal acceleration when going through the gears, shifting around 3500 or so, the car will lunge a little bit til it gets out of that 2K-3500 window.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yeah, I am guessing here, but I am thinking getting a tune from a place like Steeda, is almost like getting a canned tune for the car. Not sure they spend much time actually creating custom tunes for people there. I would bet it's in the tune and if you got an actual custom tune from any of the great tuners out there, your problems would be solved.

msc111

Established Member
Yeah thats what im thinking also. Steeda has great customer service so far so im gonna give them a call on mon and see what we can do. I really want to try a tune from shaun at AED but im not sure if he will do it being that i have already modified my car. What other tuners out there do you reccomend?

Yeah, I am guessing here, but I am thinking getting a tune from a place like Steeda, is almost like getting a canned tune for the car. Not sure they spend much time actually creating custom tunes for people there. I would bet it's in the tune and if you got an actual custom tune from any of the great tuners out there, your problems would be solved.

Users who are viewing this thread