Here's your chance to get a 2003 Viper for only 15K (dent free and runs well!)

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
It is a convertible though...

http://blog.caranddriver.com/molted...or-sale-only-15k-for-almost-limitless-danger/

2003-Dodge-Viper-SRT-01.jpg

2003-Dodge-Viper-SRT-02.jpg.jpg

"Everyone knows Craigslist is a digital black hole capable of stealing away hours upon hours of free—and not so free—time. From its depths now comes this 2003 Dodge Viper SRT10 convertible. The seller is asking just $14,900 for this 55,769-mile peach, and it offers the future owner a truly blank slate and unlimited leg scaldings.

By now, you’ve surely inspected the photos of the Viper in question, and you might be wondering what we might be smoking. We’d tell you what we’re smoking, but we bought it on Craigslist, so we aren’t entirely sure what it is. It doesn’t matter, anyway—all that matters is that this bodywork-free Viper exists, and that it’s for sale. Apparently the result of a partial salvage mission, the Dodge is missing body panels, glass, both front airbags, lights, carpeting, and a top following an unspecified frontal impact. But don’t let those minor details ruin this prime opportunity for you—this low-mile Viper runs and drives.

2003 Dodge Viper SRT
We’re going to skip over the whole “you pick the body!” shtick and skip right to what someone in the market for a $15K, bodyless Viper might actually do: Buy the car and drive it as-is. Screw trying to coachbuild some kind of exotic, one-off stunner out of this thing—Zagato already tried, and the resulting Alfa Romeo homage was kind of strange. By our estimation, all this Viper needs to be legal are sets of headlights and taillights (ideally of the sealed-beam variety pulled from, say, a tractor) and a windshield.

We wonder if the buyer will attempt to hit the Viper’s 190-mph top speed (as estimated in our original test of a 2003 model), although he or she will need to do so while avoiding contemplating how the 450-hp V-10 might mix with an utter lack of aerodynamic aids. They should, however, try to work out a rear-first impact when things do let go. That way, Craigslist might soon be gifted a listing for a mint-condition, 56,000-ish-mile 2003 Viper V-10 and six-speed manual transmission—body, chassis, and previous owner not included."

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
For only 15k, I would go carbon fiber or fiberglass body panels lol. Oddly enough, looking at it without a body it reminds me of a Prowler, but almost twice the amount of cylinders.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I saw that the other week, bringatrailer.com

I wonder how much body panels are?

I know the tilt front/hood used to be $14k alone a few years back... they are also very difficult to align once an accident has happened.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Call me crazy but if I had the money I would jump all over that. I paid that for my motorcycle, the viper looks more fun!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I know the tilt front/hood used to be $14k alone a few years back... they are also very difficult to align once an accident has happened.
You are probably thinking of the clamshell hood on the 2002 and older vipers. Those are money because its the entire front end (minus front bumper) up to the door.
I love the viper, just wish the engine for gen 3/4 didnt sound so bad, this would be a perfect running gear swap for a Cobra kit car or maybe even the gt40 kit car.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I don't think that the price is bad. I would love this and I would do my best to stick it in a Fox.

smitty2919

Established Member
Fab up a exo skeleton cage, add a roll bar and drive it as is...

Other than a windshield, no need for body panels lol. Just don't drive it in the rain.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If I had the cash, I'd buy and ship it to Factory 5 to have a Cobra skin massaged over it!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw this bodyless Viper a week or so ago. Has definite possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread