Heres the dilemma!

Scott A.

New Cobraholic
Established Member
Ok, I have a 5.0 Cobra and I love it, but it was in an minor accident in 97'(No air bag deployment), the car was only 3 years old when it happened so thats good, probably was taken care of right. I found that on the Carfax, that was the negitive, the original owner had it for ten years, and the car is perfect other than that, the postitive. It just bugs me that the door sticker is missing, anyone else not have a door sticker? Anyway, I was wondering if any of you Terminator guys stepped up from 5.0 Cobras and if so was it worth it? Plus now that SVT is toast is my 5.0 going to be worth more, even though the Terminator had lower production numbers in 04' than in 94', there was 1306 white Cobras in 94' and only 316 white ones in 04'! Should I just get a Terminator and keep my 94' as well? I keep going back and forth, should I sell the 94' and get a 04', should I just keep the 5.0 and build a 331 and go Terminator hunting, or should I have both, built 5.0 and stock Terminator? :bash:

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Throw a T76 on that 331 or a 347 and pwn all but a tiny few terms.

I like the SN95 look, keep it.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
As much as I love the 32V mod motors, I have a definite soft spot in my heart for the 5.0 that will never go away. I just saw a perfect Fox body convertible (1992 I think) driving down the freeway yesterday that was for sale for $2600...and it was a 5.0. I damn near ran him down and bought it on the spot. Of course...being from here, it didn't have a drop of rust on it either. I truly miss my old '89 5.0. It was n/a and would outrun a stock terminator in the quarter mile. I think you would regret selling your Cobra.

Scott A.

New Cobraholic
Established Member
I think I should go to a body shop to have the car inspected. I don't know how bad the accident was that it was in. I drives straight down the road. The only evidence of the accident is some white paint on the drivers side gas tank strap, the inner-lip of the drivers side wheel well is not smooth like the passenger side is, and the door sticker is missing. All the VIN# stickers are intacted on the front fenders and hood, so thats good, probably a parking lot accident. Thanks for the feed back guys, I grew up Chevy and got a Mustang so that I could have a V8 coupe that I could just fix up and drive and not really care about. Problem is now I love Mustangs, have a great respect for them and baby it more than my other cars. I had no idea this car would grow on me like it did!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Scott, you've been bit! I was a lifelong Chevy guy until I bought my '03 Cobra. Welcome to the world of the Blue Oval. :)

Users who are viewing this thread