Here is an update on the number produced so far

drmustang

Banned
Are you familiar with how manufacturing actually works? (I don't mean this as an insult, I am just asking). There is fixed capacity and product road maps that drive the dates for current model end and new model introduction. Unless Ford decides to invest in additional short term capacity for this model year (assuming they could even do it in time), Chris is exactly right. They will only produce as much as they have orders for (we know that's not the issue) AND what they have capacity for. Since we know what they are building every week based on the contributions of those that talk to the factory, we know the key dates, doesn't the forecast seem reasonably correct to you? Why does it frustrate you or why do you find it so ridiculous that folks are forecasting the rough production totals for this year model? I've been in manufacturing for 25+ years and as a consumer of a SEMI - limited production performance car, I find it very interesting.

Thanks guys for the info...please keep it coming!

Yeah. Heres how manufacturing can work. In the '07 model year the "experts" hung their laurels on 3-5K units. There were nearly 11,000 GT500s build that model year causing silence among the all those who had it all figured in advance. That is exactly "How it Works".

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Thanks for the production facts and also the educated speculation about production and ordering and build dates. :beer:

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
How is speculating about production any worse then speculating about what 1/4 mi. times a car will run on slicks with good air?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yeah. Heres how manufacturing can work. In the '07 model year the "experts" hung their laurels on 3-5K units. There were nearly 11,000 GT500s build that model year causing silence among the all those who had it all figured in advance. That is exactly "How it Works".

The flaw in your logic is that they were building more 07s per day than 13s

drmustang

Banned
Why not? I hope Ford does blow out predictions.

You can be certain that Ford has no interest in what self proclaimed experts on an internet forum predict.

Every year of GT500 production has seen end of model year leftovers and some years have required incentives to entice buyers to the dead wood. Anyone who claims to predict these numbers at this point with any degree of accuracy is full of crap.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
You can be certain that Ford has no interest in what self proclaimed experts on an internet forum predict.

Every year of GT500 production has seen end of model year leftovers and some years have required incentives to entice buyers to the dead wood. Anyone who claims to predict these numbers at this point with any degree of accuracy is full of crap.

Since you didn't answer, I'll assume your were be sarcastic or antagonistic about hoping Ford doesn't blow out production.

mgmustang1

Established Member
If dealers weren't a$$holes and charging adm's there would be more sales. Ford should stop this shit with the dealers because ultimately ford could make more profit by building more cars. Im sure more like me are reluctant to buy if this wasn't the case.

drmustang

Banned
Since you didn't answer, I'll assume your were be sarcastic or antagonistic about hoping Ford doesn't blow out production.

Answer what? What don't you understand?

5 minutes of research will provide you with enough information to realize how idiotic all these stupid predictions are. There has never been a shortage of GT500s, ever. What more do you need to know. Unfortunately this fact emasculates the experts and shows how foolish there prognostications truely are. They don't want to hear this fact as it renders their pontification useless.

WAL

Established Member
I appreciate the helpful, useful information provided by many forum members. Chris and Iceman are a couple of good examples of those that consistently do so. Thanks guys.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
drmustang...I am truly just trying to understand your perspective. Please indulge me and answer these questions:

1. Do you think all forecasts and predictions are completely useless or just this one?
2. In general, would you agree that recent history is a reasonable proxy for approximating the future?
3. Do you not believe that there are certain members here that have access to people at the Ford plant that can tell them how many units were built at any given time?

Your points about Ford not caring about what we think are right...they don't. But some of us are interested in approximating how many might be built before the actual data comes out. Could Ford find a way to blow out the number? Sure they could. All people are doing is taking the facts they have (actual production rates and planned dates) and doing the math. What is so wrong with that? Even if these forecasts end up being way off, so what? Do you get angry at the weatherman every time their forecast is wrong? I am just trying to understand.

drmustang

Banned
drmustang...I am truly just trying to understand your perspective. Please indulge me and answer these questions:

1. Do you think all forecasts and predictions are completely useless or just this one?
2. In general, would you agree that recent history is a reasonable proxy for approximating the future?
3. Do you not believe that there are certain members here that have access to people at the Ford plant that can tell them how many units were built at any given time?

Your points about Ford not caring about what we think are right...they don't. But some of us are interested in approximating how many might be built before the actual data comes out. Could Ford find a way to blow out the number? Sure they could. All people are doing is taking the facts they have (actual production rates and planned dates) and doing the math. What is so wrong with that? Even if these forecasts end up being way off, so what? Do you get angry at the weatherman every time their forecast is wrong? I am just trying to understand.

My Goodness, what ever happened to an individual relying on his own common sense and what can be determined from prior history. It is so simple that it is difficult for some. They(Ford) build enough of these cars every year without fail. What else matters at that point. Keep it simple stupid, ever heard that one? Trust me it applies here. The experts use these instances to blow their holes as no one will ever go around in retrospect and call them on an erroniuous prediction. There has never been a shortage of GT500s. Why would this year be totally different than the prior 6 years of production. Wow, wake up!

Users who are viewing this thread