Here is an update on the number produced so far

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I think we need an FAQ thread

We won't find out til the end of the model year run.

End the damn run now....

I want to know:
Production number
# x out of x built this way
Delivery order (if ever available)

VaporDude

Established Member
End the damn run now....

I want to know:
Production number
# x out of x built this way
Delivery order (if ever available)

They won't know that until after the end of the model year run. All the cars have not been built yet so that information is unknown at this time. You will be able to purchase a certificate through SVT within a couple of months after the books close on this model year.

Another words.....wait for it.

rcbGT500

Established Member
A couple of weeks back I posted the numbers for this year. Here is that summary as of 7/17

MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 2294
INPLNT COUNT - 454
MEMO COUNT - 1
INTRAN COUNT - 109
DEMO COUNT - 2
STOCK COUNT - 185
UNIT 12 SALES COUNT - 680
COUNT - 3725

The summary there is that, at the time, 1,431 were produced or in production. The total target for the year was roughly 3,725.

Fast forward to today. Here is the summary as of 8/1:

MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 2095
INPLNT COUNT - 610
MEMO COUNT - 1
INTRAN COUNT - 183
DEMO COUNT - 2
STOCK COUNT - 138
UNIT 12 SALES COUNT - 867
COUNT - 3896

So that means 1801 have been produced or are in the plant now. I also asked what "UNIT 12 SALES" means. And he said it just means how many they have sold this calendar year. So at this point, 867 Cobras have been sold.

My car is one of the 610 in the plant (but was just sent there today), so I guess I can assume that my Cobra will have a number in the range of roughly 17xx.

Enjoy!
- Scott

Are you able to post a mid-month production update.

Thanks,

drmustang

Banned
These threads about how many cars of a particular year will be built should be labeled "for entertainment only" as there is no one here who has any business prognosticating exact build #s. Some of the experts who claim to get their figures from some magical source at the factory are apparently puzzled by production #s so far. Were the same guys at a loss for explanations when their strict limit of 3,000 units for '07 ballooned into a total of nearly 11,000 units.

Anybody with a double digit IQ knows that the manufacturer will build what they can sell. Understanding this requires a minimal amount of common sense. Take the rumors from "the man at the factory" with a grain of salt.

VaporDude

Established Member
These threads about how many cars of a particular year will be built should be labeled "for entertainment only" as there is no one here who has any business prognosticating exact build #s. Some of the experts who claim to get their figures from some magical source at the factory are apparently puzzled by production #s so far. Were the same guys at a loss for explanations when their strict limit of 3,000 units for '07 ballooned into a total of nearly 11,000 units.

Anybody with a double digit IQ knows that the manufacturer will build what they can sell. Understanding this requires a minimal amount of common sense. Take the rumors from "the man at the factory" with a grain of salt.

If they keep making them at a snail's pace like they have been, I think they will hit their 3,700 something target.

peteypab2133

Established Member

Good call. Tell that to any manufacture that produced something in a limited quantity. Being exclusive is not to make everyone happy, its to make a select few happy and build brand quality and exclusivity.

Lets start.
ZL1 (only 2000) first year. Started building the 13's before people had their 12's.

Boss 302 LS ?
Shelby KR
Lexus ISF

Audi Q7 V-12 TDI
Editions: 555

Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition
Editions: 500

A1 Diamond Edition Audi
Editions: 57

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
Editions: 20

Bentley Limited Edition Continental Flying Spur
Editions: 10

Porsche 911 Turbo S China
Editions: 10

Aston-Martin One-77
Editions: 77

dom418

Established Member

+1 nobody knows for sure. Even the amount produced so far puts the 13 out of super rare already. Guys need to just drive them and unless the op is the head of svt I'm sure his figures are purely speculation as well. Just because a car is limited production doesn't make it rare

peteypab2133

Established Member
Just because a car is limited production doesn't make it rare

Actually in a sense it does. If they only make 2000 of a car, and all 2000 are accounted for then(X amount of any given color exterior/interior/options/stripes/packages combos become 1 of X) other potential buyers cannot buy it even with adequate funds.
Everybody wants what they can't have.

The term rare would be for me a Quick Silver 98 supra in a 6 speed.

Limited production for me would be a 2012 ZL1.

The GT500 can be limited if resources / time play their cards right. Look at a 2011 or 2012 black with grabber stripes. There were like 7 made

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Actually in a sense it does. If they only make 2000 of a car, and all 2000 are accounted for then(X amount of any given color exterior/interior/options/stripes/packages combos become 1 of X) other potential buyers cannot buy it even with adequate funds.
Everybody wants what they can't have.

The term rare would be for me a Quick Silver 98 supra in a 6 speed.

Limited production for me would be a 2012 ZL1.

The GT500 can be limited if resources / time play their cards right. Look at a 2011 or 2012 black with grabber stripes. There were like 7 made

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

:beer:

farmboy90

Established Member
Here is the count as of 8/29:

MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 1945
INPLNT COUNT - 550
MEMO COUNT - 0
INTRAN COUNT - 290
DEMO COUNT - 3
STOCK COUNT - 176
UNIT 12 SALES COUNT - 1219
COUNT - 4183

VaporDude

Established Member
The total count is slowly rising but I bet they try to keep it around 4500. I'm not sure about the prior years total production but this seems like it might be the lowest so far.

rcbGT500

Established Member

MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 1945
INPLNT COUNT - 550
MEMO COUNT - 0
INTRAN COUNT - 290
DEMO COUNT - 3
STOCK COUNT - 176
COUNT - 4183

Interesting, the run rate has increased from 18 to 24 per day, but few additional allocations have come in. The completion date has moved from Feb 28th to Jan 23rd. I have not factored in the discussed plant closings.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Interesting, the run rate has increased from 18 to 24 per day, but few additional allocations have come in. The completion date has moved from Feb 28th to Jan 23rd. I have not factored in the discussed plant closings.

Expect closure for 10 days in September and between thanksgiving and new years for retooling.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The total count is slowly rising but I bet they try to keep it around 4500. I'm not sure about the prior years total production but this seems like it might be the lowest so far.

Yup.

Between 4000-4500 sounds about right

WAL

Established Member

MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 1945
INPLNT COUNT - 550
MEMO COUNT - 0
INTRAN COUNT - 290
DEMO COUNT - 3
STOCK COUNT - 176
COUNT - 4183

Thanks Farmboy. For those of us who are still waiting, those numbers are pretty interesting. In another thread, Iceman posted that he talked with the plant manager, and the 2000th Shelby was just produced. He also confirmed what someone else had posted that the plant will be shutdown for most of November and possibly early December for equipment upgrades, and the plant is currently shutdown until 9/10. With an "end of 2013 production" reported to be in mid to late Jan 2014, sure looks like the monthly average production number for the remainder of the 2013 model production period is going to have to to be closer to 600 than 500, IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread