Hennessey Venom F5 - 2866 lbs, 1400hp..

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Wonder if it will still be shitty build quality that the Venom GT currently holds.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, it's Hennessey, the media's favorite fanboy.

intermatic

Established Member
I don't know much about the Venom GT at all. What makes you say shitty build quality? (asking because I'm purely curious, not trying to argue!)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let's just say that his shitty reputation precedes him. Many of his customers have a very sour taste in their mouth, and lost money, over dealings with him.

intermatic

Established Member
Let's just say that his shitty reputation precedes him. Many of his customers have a very sour taste in their mouth, and lost money, over dealings with him.

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware! (not that I'll ever be buying from his regardless lol, but still good to know)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's not to say that the Venom isn't a nice car. It's surely a beast. :)

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Its still based off another car. Tired of this guy and his shit. He needs to either (A) build his own chassis and go into full production or (B) drop off the face of the earth.

How many Venoms did they even build? Havent seen shit about them besides the top speed tests and the one owned by Steven Tyler.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I don't know much about the Venom GT at all. What makes you say shitty build quality? (asking because I'm purely curious, not trying to argue!)

I myself and some people I know have seen them in person, me at Houston cars and coffee one time, the others I'm not sure.

The Venom GT is basically a kit car built from a Lotus with a monster motor. The gaps and lines were so far off and no where near lining up. Up close, it's definitely not something you'd pay $1M for.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I myself and some people I know have seen them in person, me at Houston cars and coffee one time, the others I'm not sure.

The Venom GT is basically a kit car built from a Lotus with a monster motor. The gaps and lines were so far off and no where near lining up. Up close, it's definitely not something you'd pay $1M for.

1,000,000 for a kit car is absolutely insane. I read in jalop that he sold 16 of the Venom GT's and he is planning on selling 30 of the F5 cars. I wonder what the true cost is and his profit from each car?

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Fwiw, I wouldn't mind seeing this thing surpass the Bugatti for the world record. Apparently it's already reached 270 mph

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
wonder whose car he took parts off of to make that? .. I wouldn't own jack shit with his name on it. I doubt I would take one if he gave it to me but free just might be the right price

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Still based off an elise, but this one stole it's style from the Saleen S5S concept. Maybe he thought it was old enough that people wouldn't remember? It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Hennessey rendering

11.jpg
add_saleen_raptor_greg_-_image_001.jpg

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
All the haters, I guess there is plenty of room to talk when you're also trying to build the fastest cars on the planet.

Oh yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread