Help!!!

04DOHC

Established Member
I recently had a shop change my front bumper.. the issue I am having is with my JLT intake for some reason it is starting to suck in alot of water to where the car wants to cut off Has this happened to anyone and if so what was done to resolve this? Also does anyone have a bottom pic of there cobra with a JLT so I can make sure the shop did not for get something. I have had this intake for 2 yrs and never had issues till I changed my front bumper..Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dgreer27

Established Member
Be careful until you get it fixed. I had a friend that drove his through a small water hole a couple of weeks ago and it sucked up enough water to blow up his motor.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Get a new intake is my suggestion...
No matter how careful you are, one mess up...game over...The reason I got the RAI...not worth the Risk to run the other HIGH boost intakes on a DD

Jefe

Established Member
I love my rai. Makes it a whole lot easier for plug swaps or just getting the filter off for cleaning.

Where did you get the front bumper from? Price?

Last edited:

04DOHC

Established Member
the bumper was bought from ford, not sure what the price for just the bumper was it was rolled in with the work that was done to the car.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
they probably did not put some plastic panel back in becasue they couldn't find the bolts they removed. Mostly seen as unecessary plastic junk unless you mounted your damn airfilter in the fenderwell lol

I'll never do that again either....it's just not worth the much trouble with the MAF getting wet in the rain and car running like caca.

I bet your missing something int he fenderwell behind the bumper that is now allowing this to happen. I mean it has to make sense that something has changed.

04DOHC

Established Member
Does any one have any pics of the bottom that is not having this issue?? I'd like to compare it with mine and see if any plastic pieces are missing

Users who are viewing this thread