Help

fatal1

Established Member
Got a 2007 GT500, all the bolt-ons with a Whipple 3.4. Had a few problems that we took care of today and took it out for a little test run. Ran it 4 or 5 times through the gears.

On our way home, I noticed some residue on the windshield. It is coolant from the cap on the tank. Anybody have any problems with this or ideas on why it happened? The only thing I can think of is maybe an air pocket let go. It's not running hot or anything either.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Steven

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Sounds like a popped head gasket and cylinder pressure is making its way into the tank. Are there any bubbles or foaming in the tank?

Its possible that you had too much coolant in tank and it had to perge itself someway.

I would keep an eye on the coolant level for a few days/weeks to see if the level gets too low. If the level gets lower & lower then you have gasket isssue, if it stays the same over time then I would not worry as it was probably just too much coolant in the tank.

fatal1

Established Member
The coolant was coming from the intercooler tank. Called a couple of shops and they are thinking that the system wasn't burped correctly when the heat exchanger was put on.

I know it was a pain on my 04 Cobra. I guess it's the came way on the GT500's

rdsnk46

Established Member
I dont know if this helps but I cracked the stock tank from hard launchs at the track. Maybe the new power flexed the tank and its leaking. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread