*****help*****

MachToLoud1

Established Member
Im in the market for a Termi, but can't find any in my state that meet my specifications.
I found one in which I'm interested but its in a different state, so my question is does anybody know of any credit unions or banks that will finance/loan a vehicle from a private seller?

I asked my bank and a local credit union and they both require the buyer and seller to be present when signing the contract:(

Thanks in advanced

01yellercobra

Established Member
When I bought mine I just needed the VIN and the sellers full name. They put both of our names on the check so we both had to sign it before he could deposit the check. This was at Navy Fed.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
credit unions are far more anal than banks.

ive bought and sold a few cars via private party where a credit union was involved. each and every time they wanted the buyer and seller to be present. it can be a pita. i went through the same issue when buying my last car.

i bought my gt500 from a private party through wells fargo bank and they still wanted the owner to come to the bank to sign paperwork. it was a pain and they still screwed up the paperwork :kaboom:

so, i guess just depends on the bank and/or CU

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Im in the market for a Termi, but can't find any in my state that meet my specifications.
I found one in which I'm interested but its in a different state, so my question is does anybody know of any credit unions or banks that will finance/loan a vehicle from a private seller?

I asked my bank and a local credit union and they both require the buyer and seller to be present when signing the contract:(

Thanks in advanced

who is your bank? if theyre not a national bank (only local) then i would go open an account at a nationwide bank like Wells, BofA, Citibank, etc so at least if you have to go to the local branch to do paperwork you have better odds of being able to do so.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

Thanks in advanced

You should be able to get a POA from the seller and do everything without them there. It just takes a bit longer because if you can't be there you will have to mail original signed documents back and forth..

Zemedici

Established Member
i financed my cobra through wells fargo no problem and the owner had the car in another state.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I bought mine out of state with a bankers check. Then refinance with your CU of choice after you get the car home and in your presence.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
They won't approve your loan because you keep calling it a Termi

03' White Snake

Established Member
They won't approve your loan because you keep calling it a Termi

That is also true. :beer:

So many noobs posting that lately too. :nono: and the OP obviously didn't read the "must read before posting" sticky either. Clearly states "*****help******" is not a thread title.

Last edited:

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
Never had issue. I use usaa. When I bought my CO I flew out to LA with a certified check in hand so if I liked the car I could purchase it. If not all I had to do was return the check to the bank.

bigmoose

Established Member
I've Boughy many cars private party and financed. When I purchased my current cobra I just faxed my local credit union a hand written bill of sale. I just stopped by, signed a few papers and walked out with a bank check to a private party. They finance up to 120% for a private party sale.

This is DCU in MA. I have been with them for many years and my credit is 800+, so that might be a factor.

8gtoklr

Established Member
I had to jump thru hoops with wells fargo, I have a 740 score and they wanted a co signer ....Use a credit card and get the points lol

Users who are viewing this thread