Help with Traction at 600rwhp

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
def a sra and upperand lower control arms. i would put some subframe connectors as well. i have the nitto nto5r's and i hook good in the cold on the street as well as pulling a 1.6 60 at the track.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I got stock rear with 275/35/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season and stock gears, my 1st and 2nd gears are useless on the street. I need some suggestions on BEST route to spend $2000 to get some traction, re-gears vs wheels.

For starters you're never going to get traction on a F1, that's your first mistake. Your second mistake is thinking a 275 is going to cut the mustard with 600 RWHP. Plain and simple, you need a wider, softer tire for traction.

Then, once you get traction, control arm deflection is going to kill you and you're going to want to remove all of the soft factory rubber bushings from your IRS assembly.

Tires, wheels and a bushing kit can be done easily for $2000 with plenty cash left over for pizza and beer to be consumed during the project!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member
if you want traction call Bruce at Full Tilt Boogie Racing, nuff said.
beerchug.gif

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
For starters you're never going to get traction on a F1, that's your first mistake. Your second mistake is thinking a 275 is going to cut the mustard with 600 RWHP. Plain and simple, you need a wider, softer tire for traction.

Then, once you get traction, control arm deflection is going to kill you and you're going to want to remove all of the soft factory rubber bushings from your IRS assembly.

Tires, wheels and a bushing kit can be done easily for $2000 with plenty cash left over for pizza and beer to be consumed during the project!

Afs 18" replicas $935.00 shipped
I purchased toyo r888's on ebay for $488.00 shipped ( 275-35-18's and 305-35-18's )
and money left over for the full tilt boogie kit !!!!

Last edited:

lukabrozi

SVT *****
Established Member
$2000

Take that $2000 and hire someone to teach you how to race.

Actually not kidding, most of us, (myself included) have LITTLE or NO clue how to use the power etc. that we have spent money on with the car.

Spend some of the money with a coach. It will pay off way more than any mod that you can add at this time.

Your racing coach will tell you what to add, why and how YOU can best use it.

Or don't...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Take that $2000 and hire someone to teach you how to race.

Actually not kidding, most of us, (myself included) have LITTLE or NO clue how to use the power etc. that we have spent money on with the car.

Spend some of the money with a coach. It will pay off way more than any mod that you can add at this time.

Your racing coach will tell you what to add, why and how YOU can best use it.

Or don't...

I agree with you that a driving coach can be of significant help in many applications, but.................a driving coach CAN NOT assist in your hard ass, undersized tires gaining more traction on the pavement. Also a driving coach has no ability to correct control arm deflection in your drive wheel suspension components without physically modifying them. :read::idea:

FWIW

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I have very similar issues....solution, Ordered 315/3/17 NTO5Rs for my 10.5 Inch Reps, as the NT555Rs didn't help much at all...However, these NT05R tires are just sitting on my shelf to put on in the summer coming up. I feel even with the NT05Rs I might have traction issues and feel the cold weather might ruin them...hmmm
Subcribing...as the car isn't fun to drive with my Nitto NT555 non DRs...

sure your 4.10 dont help you either lol :beer:

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
For you all that did IRS bolt mod, do you all know if the wheel or tire touch the bolt after the install or is it more a safety concern due to when the tires flex.
I got my eyes on a set of AFS 18X10.5 03 Chrome, how about some tire sizes

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
^ is this to good to be true?? that is a smokin price on those tires. My buddy put them on, and loves them.

Users who are viewing this thread