Help with proposal ideas!

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Well, it's finally about that time for me. Been with the same girl for something like 7 years now, and finally bought a ring the other day! I'm pretty excited, and I know she will say yes, but I still want it to be a great surprise and make her feel special.

I'm doing it at a place called the Kentucky Horse Park, which has been a place we always go to get away from everyone and let the dogs play, etc.

I have considered the "friends or family holding signs" idea for when we arrive, but our families and good friends all live 3-7 hours away. Not going to be easy to get everyone here. Also considered a small treasure hunt, but don't have much of a good idea of what I would do. I want something simple but that will still blow her away. I'm not making a song or movie or flying her to hawaii or any of the other over-the-top ideas I see on youtube lol

Anyways, help me out! Here is a small pic of the horse park, but just think open fields and very few people around.

khpjumps1.jpg

jbs$

Established Member
Forgo the the big show BS, go for a nice quite personal dinner and rise to the occasion with a talk about your future together. Dress nice and man up!

jbs$

Established Member
P.S. Don't forget to call her Dad ahead of time. All of this will serve you well for a very long time.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
P.S. Don't forget to call her Dad ahead of time. All of this will serve you well for a very long time.

Thanks....i definitely don't want the big show BS, just something simple. It would be cool to have our family and friends present or at least to celebrate with afterwards. And yes, I already asked her dad in person just a few weeks ago. Not one of the easiest things i've done, but knew I needed to do it.

Andrewmach1

Established Member
Thanks....i definitely don't want the big show BS, just something simple. It would be cool to have our family and friends present or at least to celebrate with afterwards. And yes, I already asked her dad in person just a few weeks ago. Not one of the easiest things i've done, but knew I needed to do it.

Congrats man. Just got engaged last weekend. Been with my woman for almost 5yrs. Hope it all goes well. Just remember it really doesn't matter how you do it, she will be so excited no matter how it's done! Be creative!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I wouldn't worry about making a show out of it, especially if she doesn't like being the center of attention. I had a nice dinner and after we got home, I popped the question(yeah, I'm Mr. Romantic...)

I first talked to her parents and her dad said exactly what I expected......NO!!! He was only kidding and sent like 20 text a day for the next week saying yes.

And with that said, we just got married today:dancenana:

Goodluck!!!

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Congrats man! I'd say just do the simple but semi-elegant dinner thing.....splurge a little!!! Then a week or so later do the friends and family thing.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Friend of mine took his girl on a helicopter ride, and had some friends and I write a HUGE "Marry Me?" right in the sand on the beach, and proposed as they flew over. You could maybe incorporate that idea some how.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I wouldn't worry about making a show out of it, especially if she doesn't like being the center of attention. I had a nice dinner and after we got home, I popped the question(yeah, I'm Mr. Romantic...)

I first talked to her parents and her dad said exactly what I expected......NO!!! He was only kidding and sent like 20 text a day for the next week saying yes.

And with that said, we just got married today:dancenana:

Goodluck!!!

CONGRATS!

Hey OP this is what I helped set up for my good friend.

He took the girl out to dinner and stopped before they got there and popped the question.

When they got to the restaurant all of his and her friends and family were waiting for them to celebrate.

Good luck OP

1badsilversvt

turn up the boost
Established Member
Take her to a nice restaurant and stand up in front of the whole place and say everyone, if I could have your attention, I would like to ask the love of my life to marry me and live with me forever, get on one knee and seal the deal mate.!.!.! She will melt! Congrats man. Ive been married going on 7 years! You will love it

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the comments. I really like the idea of doing it alone, and then meeting up with everyone afterwards.

I'm pretty set on doing it at the KY Horse Park, its kinda "our" place and she has been around horses her whole life. I'm considering a horse/carriage ride to take us to the place i'd like to ask her, but just don't know how i'm going to make it work on a budget.

I wish I had more money to work with, but I went WAY over my budget on the ring...She better like it lol!

jbs$

Established Member
You are getting the right idea. Remember, how well you do this will be re-told to your daughters and grand-daughters for the next fifty plus years. Good Luck!

redrocket16

Established Member
For some reason with that setting the first thing I thought of if shes not for a huge scene would be if you have a friend that you trust and she doesnt know at all. Have them be at the dog park as well and 'find' the ring that your dogs dropped. When she starts saying oh no its not hers get on a knee and man up. For some reason to me it seems to fit but hey everyone on here could think its retarded.

Nowadays its almost expected for the proposal to be more than drop to a knee. All I can say is you know her best and you know what she would want. Best of luck to both of ya'll!

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Good luck. I did it in June at myrtle beach.
Night time by the beach in a swing. She had no idea I waited for people to clear. Kept it short and sweet.

Hard part is to think keep ring in the box or pocket.. hmmm.

I did pocket so she didn't see the other buldge ;)

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
My cousin put the ring in a kinder surprise egg, cut it open with an exacto blade, sealed it back together by heating paper clip and melting it, wrapped it back up all nice. Gave it to her on her birthday

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
We(her, her family, my pops and myself) went to go out and eat a restaurant. I took out the ring from the box and placed it in my pocket. Before the food got their I got down on one knee and proposed to her. I opened the box and obviously the ring wasn't there. I pretended the ring must have fallen out the box and I had her and everyone else on the floor looking for the ring. I couldn't hold it in anymore and started cracking up. Thats when I took out the ring and placed it on her finger. At first they were like WTF?, but then we all got a good laugh out of it. Ehh, maybe not as romantic as some other folks, but I sure as hell won't forget about it. LOL

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats man! I'd say just do the simple but semi-elegant dinner thing.....splurge a little!!! Then a week or so later do the friends and family thing.

I like your idea.

Buddy, I'll add something to this idea. Make arrangements ahead of time with the restaurant management to hold your engagement ring until after dinner with dessert is served. See if they can have a separate and covered dessert dish come with your regular desserts, and then uncover the special one at just the right moment. Then propose! I did this with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary and it was a huge hit. She was surprised as heck, and the restaurant staff were very accommodating. Made it a perfect night. Just a suggestion.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Agreed to piihb to see if she is wife material. If she is not up to it then kick her to the curb.

If she is down then go watch a Cowboys game in Dallas so you can propose to her on that mega tv after the boys punjsh whoever they play that day

Sent with my over sized Johnson

Users who are viewing this thread