Help with next direction for mods

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
If you're looking for all around handling, do the shocks and struts while you're doing springs. They're pretty easy and if you match your valve rate with the springs you'll have a very smooth riding car. I did Bilstein B6 (HD) with my H&R race springs, MM C/C plates, and Stiffler's fit system this year and holy cow, the damn thing turns!

Thanks for the info!

Your planned suspension mods is a smart next step. Personally, I wouldn't port your Eaton. Consider keeping the 8lb. lower and existing motor mods and save for maybe a TVS or Whipple. You're going to love the lowered stance after the H&R install.

Thanks Bob, I agree I'm going to leave the engine as is until I'm ready for a blower upgrade. I never realized how high these things sat until being a member on here. Looking forward to starting the suspension mods throughout the winter

MysticRob

Established Member
Ride doesn't' suffer with cut OE as they are linear not progressive. I'm speaking from a drag racing point of view as far as springs and seeing good short times out of cut units.

I replaced the Steeda Sport fronts that came on my car with OE cut and the ride improved dramatically. Retained the Steeda rears.

I agree. I put H&R race springs on my 'vert and while the look was great, the spring rate was much higher than stock, and therefore a much rougher ride. The key here, if I remember, is that H&R springs have a higher spring rate than the stock coupe springs, which are themselves higher than the stock 'vert springs -- stock 'vert springs are lighter to keep the "topless shakes" to a minimum, so going all the way up to an H&R exacerbates the 'vert shaking problem quite a bit. If I had to do it all over again I'd simply cut the stock 'vert springs 5/8-3/4 coil (since they're linear springs) or so to keep the softer rate but make it look better.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
FTBR bushings for IRS, was probably the single best thing I ever did. If you aren't interested in going with a bigger blower etc for a while yet, and are reasonable happy with your car's performance. Get yourself the IRS bushings.

Also get yourself a set of springs from the aftermarket or cut stockers (don't cut the vert springs get some coupe springs for that).

Did I mention the FTBR bushings? Seriously they will change your life.

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
I'm guessing the FT 5000 is the bushing kit you guys are referring to from FTBR?
Thanks everyone for chiming in!

Users who are viewing this thread