Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
I am looking in to buying a new to me car in the next few month and need some help deciding what to get. I am on the wall on the vehicles so give me your thoughts good and bad.

I have wanted a Termi for 7 years now but I want it turbo'd for sure and if I get Termi I will prolly pull off the supercharger in favor of a TT Hellion kit, so the question is should I get a Mach instead? Because the IRS will most likely come out of the cobra and I will be installing either a TKO or Viper Spec T56. Both cars are equally interesting in there own way. Thoughts?

DSC00855.jpg

6a022787.jpg

Last edited:

BajaBoy

Established Member
If you are for sure going turbo i would say mach1 as long as you pick up a short block. this way you are starting with the platform you are looking for (sra non roots) and a fresh motor. Who knows what the cobra's motor has been thru in the past years.

Although i do like the look of the cobra more.

stvdman

Established Member
For TT and SRA:

Cobra- change out the rear end, may be a cost wash if you can swap/sell the IRS. Motor is built better to handle the TT than the MACH. Although the "character" of the Cobra will be lost, it should be bad-ass.

MACH- No need for axle swap, TT set-up can be done but not to the same extent (PSI) as the Cobra. Probably easier to get the car complete depending on power level wanted.

Really depends on what type of power level you want.

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
I wanna be around 700rwhp this is the goal, I am more partial to the mach's interior looks cooler to me, not that the cobra interior is crap just like it more. I will replace the engine with somethin like an aluminator or built teksid block 4V. My conundrum is that the only real difference I can see tween the two cars is really the IRS. If I can pickup a Mach for about 15-17k it will give me more cheddar to work with on the motor and turbo kit. or do I spend 20-25k and get a low mileage Termi that I will end up rippin apart almost completely?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I would think the Mach 1 is an easier platform for your goals, unless you want the svt just because...

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
You can pick up a Mach cheaper than that for sure--I have been seeing them for closer to $12k - $14k.

NateV8

Established Member
If you get a Mach 1 you will need to build the rear end anyways, stock axles and diff would need upgraded. If you got the Cobra you could easily trade the IRS for an SRA.

Also I'm pretty sure there is no benefit to the Aluminator other than the weight savings.

skimskim3074

Banned
If you get a Mach 1 you will need to build the rear end anyways, stock axles and diff would need upgraded. If you got the Cobra you could easily trade the IRS for an SRA.

Also I'm pretty sure there is no benefit to the Aluminator other than the weight savings.

that's might be true.

IShb3w

Established Member
you are going to need a built motor/drivetrain to safely handle 700 regardless of which car you go with. so i would base the decision on looks and which you like better.

RcodeStang

Established Member
Cobra comes with a forged bottom end, the T56, better struts, nicer bumpers, nicer seats, the Mach will need the rear rebuilt anyway and you might be able to trade the IRS for a SRA that's already built, etc. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I would say the cobra and swap the IRS if you really feel the need. My question is that you have wanted one for 7yrs, so why have you never bought one?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I would have voted for Cobra, keep the IRS for handling, just build it up to take the power. And add huge KB and forget about those silly turbos but it wasn't an option.

So I'd go for a Mach 1. Its a little different plus it keeps another Cobra on the road without getting raped of the things that makes it a Cobra.

Jaysin

Established Member
Honestly, if your planning on a new block, and swapping transmissions out, and going TT, your pretty much building a whole different car than either already are in stock form. At this point both cars don't have much to offer you besides which name you like better, and what car you think looks better.

Now, personal opinion here. I'd just buy a new edge GT if your going to do all this. Saves you a shit ton of money on initial cost and your in the same boat but with more extra cash for parts. Only downfall would be when it comes to re-sale, and if it really bothers you that it is a gt.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I'd go Cobra. The cobra's compression ratio is meant to handle the boost, not so with the Mach.

You may be able to find a Cobra that already has the SRA swap.

Users who are viewing this thread